Annoying A** brake squeal

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I love my car and am overall happy with it but i swear to Christ if i can't figure out how to fix the brake squealing i'm going to set the thing on fire:burn:. It's a brembo car and it squeaks coming to a stop at every stoplight. It's embarrassing. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do to correct it?

I know that some squeaking is to be expected from a performance braking compound pad but this takes it to a whole new level...

jj6077

Established Member
i dont even have the brembos and my brakes squeal ever since the day i got my gt. I constantly find myself pressing the brakes harder just to avoid the noise lol.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
Had the same problem with my Evo's brembo's. I popped the pads out, scuffed them a little bit with some sand paper, popped them back in and no more squeal. Sounds weird but it worked. Once my Brembo's start squealing on the 5.0 I'll do the same thing.

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I thought I was the only one with this issue. My car has been doing it since my roadcourse. Brake cleaner only works for a short time.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Switch out the pads. Look at the Hawk HPS pads. Also, upgrade the lines and fluid.

If you don't feel like doing that then do what 05 Evolution mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread