Angry Exhaust

jason6488

Established Member
What can I do to my Shelby that doesn't void the warranty and gives me a more aggressive exhaust note. I saw the boss exhaust package video, that looks pretty good, what are the other options?

grobertx

Established Member
I had Magna-flow competition cat back exhaust on my 2012 Roush-charged 5.0. That sounded bad ass. Seems hard to believe a cat back exhaust system would give the dealer any real traction in denying most warranty engine related issues.

That being said there's always the possibility that they deny your claim (if you ever have one) putting it on you to prove them wrong or convince them to repair it under warranty...

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Look into the FRPP mufflers..... ;-)

I approached two dealers about the FRPP and warranty. One said its a no go and another told me I should be okay:shrug:

I thought since it was a Ford part, more or less, that warranty would still be intact.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
In my experience Ford is great with modified cars. USUALLY they wont void your warranty unless they can prove said part caused said malfunction. I've had had both my full catless exhaust '11 5.0 and '13 GT500 in for warranty work, sat and shot the shit the the tech's about my mods and tunes and they have always done warranty work without questions asked.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
That's just crazy stuff ! :eek:

That's what I thought. The dealership where I purchased my vehicle from said they didn't care but they don't have the ability to get FRPP products. I've always felt a little more comfortable purchasing OEM replacements parts from the same dealer who installs them. That way it's on record and what not.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
In my experience Ford is great with modified cars. USUALLY they wont void your warranty unless they can prove said part caused said malfunction. I've had had both my full catless exhaust '11 5.0 and '13 GT500 in for warranty work, sat and shot the shit the the tech's about my mods and tunes and they have always done warranty work without questions asked.

Try that with a 6.0 Powerstroke :whine:

jason6488

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. I looked at the ford racing website. All I saw was a suspension package. I'll Google ford racing mufflers and see what I get...

Burlybear

Established Member
I love my Frpp axle backs! Ordered mine from Tousley Ford, a little expensive but they had the best price and I work for a Ford dealer!

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just changing the axle back or even a full cat-back system will not void your warranty as a tune is not needed to do the install. Now, if you install an aftermarket exhaust and you have, say, a rattle coming from that area (maybe pipes touching something, etc) they will not warranty that, would be a "customer pay" situation.

Like another member said, most dealers are cool with mods. You can ask the service writer or service manager before you even go in by giving them a call, and ask what their stance is on servicing your car with mods. Feel a few of them out. We've had our 1200 rwhp car in for warranty work with some of our local dealers and they have been cool with it.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Just changing the axle back or even a full cat-back system will not void your warranty as a tune is not needed to do the install. Now, if you install an aftermarket exhaust and you have, say, a rattle coming from that area (maybe pipes touching something, etc) they will not warranty that, would be a "customer pay" situation.

Like another member said, most dealers are cool with mods. You can ask the service writer or service manager before you even go in by giving them a call, and ask what their stance is on servicing your car with mods. Feel a few of them out. We've had our 1200 rwhp car in for warranty work with some of our local dealers and they have been cool with it.

I agree. No reason a dealership should not cover a warranty issue just because you changed mufflers…unless you're trying to warranty the stuff you changed. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread