Andrews AFB Air show 21st & 22nd

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I might take the little dude down to the air show at Andrews on the 22nd.

I haven't been to one of these in forever. Anyone have advice for me as to what to expect, crowds, parking, food, etc.....

Is 2 & 1/2 to young to enjoy something like this?

I know most of you will be in OC, and I would be as well if my sis in-law wasn't getting married on the 21st. Anyone else on here going to the air show?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Its a great show. I worked at Andrews for a year about 2yrs ago. Parking is crazy. I believe there is a shuttle from FEDEX field that may be worth while. I still have friends who work in base operations. If you have any specific questions shoot me a pm and I can find out the answers for you.

http://www.jsoh.org/

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Been a while since I have been but when I did I had a blast, went a couple times between the ages of 10-16. I dunno if 2 1/2 is to young or not but even if he only remembers a little bit im sure he will cherish the memory later in life.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Hearing protection for the little guy will be a must. June 4/5 is the York world war II fly in. I would be more stoked about that if we were not going to be at Carslisle slinging parts.

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
I went several years ago. Took my oldest son who was then about three. Not sure he remembers it, but I have great pictures of him next to some of the planes. We took the shuttle from FedEx. As I remember, it was pretty painless.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
The Thunderbirds will be performing this year, so it'll be good to see. However, I don't see too much fun for a 2 1/2yr old happening at the show. All he's going to encourter is a large crowd of people walking around him and he's not going to understand what's going on. You can take him to the mall on Saturday afternoon for that same effect.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Hearing protection for the little guy will be a must. June 4/5 is the York world war II fly in. I would be more stoked about that if we were not going to be at Carslisle slinging parts.

Good to know. Thanks jason, I think this is what we'll do. I'll take him to andrews next year.

Users who are viewing this thread