Anderson PMS vs ?

Rusty67

Established Member
I am looking to get something to tune my motor (03 Mach 1) and the last time I looked into it, the PMS was the top dog out there. From what I read it is still one of the better ones but I wanted to see what you guys think. I really like that the PMS can change settings on the fly while the motor is running and I only need a laptop for data logging, not for modifying the settings.

Initially I am going to have a dyno tuner build me up some tunes for my motor but I want to get into EFI tuning more and I think a little mild experimenting with something like a PMS would be a good way to learn more about EFI/tuning.

What do you guys think about the PMS and what are some other products that compete with it ? Also, if there is a single tuning product that is clear and away superior to the rest I'd be interesting in hearing about it as well.

Rusty67

Established Member
How long does it take to reflash the ECU/change the settings ? One of the things I really like about the PMS is that you can change those settings while the engine is live. Do any of the other products on the market offer that feature ? Are there any features offered by other products that the PMS doesn't have ? If so are they important for an NA motor ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the PRP as well. I like it a lot. I think the PMS is about $1K. I paid under $300 for my PRP, but that was a couple years ago and I already had the Xcal2.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
PRP here too, just starting to learn about it but it surely will do anything you could need...

Users who are viewing this thread