An "Oh, $ht!" moment that turned out not to be much

Avispa

Established Member
Having a little fun toying with an S197 GT on the way to a client meeting last Friday (just dropped in in 4th and left him in the dust) when suddenly there was a loud "POP" and the motor started running as if a couple of cylinders were misfiring. Immediately backed off the gas, coasted back to about 60 MPH and then gave it s little throttle. The rough running continued for another minute and then cleared up. But when I gave it the gas there was a really loud whooshing sound and the boost gauge only went up to a couple of psi.

After fighting the inevitable panic attack, I got off the toll road and headed to my client's office. Had to sit at a couple of lights between the toll road and the parking lot. The idle was up to 1250 RPM, but it would throttle down to 1000 after a few seconds. Had a thought about what was going on; when I got to where I was going, parked the car, popped the hood and immediately reached behind the blower. Yup, the pressure line to the boost gauge and FRPS had popped off the blower port. Funny, I had been doing the same thing on a trip back from Dallas the week before with no problems at all. Must be time for a hose clamp! Yes, all the other line connections are clamped with wire ties put on with a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread