An issue with the Cobra. Has this happened to anyone?

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Sorry for the long write up. Several weeks back I started my car. It is in a non heated garage and it had not been cranked in several weeks and we had just been through some very cold weather. When I first cranked it up it was fine for a few seconds, then it sounded like it was trying to cut off. The rpms went real low back and forth and when I tried to give it gas it almost cut off. After about 30 seconds things went to normal and the car drove fine. I drove it several times over the next two weeks with everything normal. Today when I cranked it after 1 week of cold weather and no driving it did it again. It then went to normal for about 3 minutes and then started with the rpms going back and forth and I thought it was going to cut off again and it went back to normal. This is all while idle and trying to warm up. I drove it for several miles with things seeming fine. After a few miles and when the car seemed like it had warmed up, I tried to get into boost and it suddenly felt like the car was going to shut off. I left the accelerator where it was and suddenly the car shot into boost. It did this about 3 times in a matter of 10-15 seconds. After this things were normal. Went to the gym and headed home and everything seemed fine. Has anything similar happened to any of you. Any ideas what this could be? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

mecanoman6

I am having the same issues, targeted down to air in the coolant system, noticed that my gas mileage has been poop over the past few days so im hoping that flushing the coolant system will remedy the situation.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I don't know how flushing your coolant is going to help drivability issues.

Anyway, I had very similar issues. Turned out to be an intermittent bad MAF sensor. If you can, try and read any DTC's, even if you don't have a CEL. Also, data logging while driving can help tremendously, if you can record the problem as it happens.

Jim

03SBSNAKE

Established Member
It could be the MAF. It also could be a fuel releated issue so I wouldn't get on it too much. I had similar idle issues at cold startup and it ended up being the fuel rail pressure sensor.

Swervedriver

Established Member
Check the intercooler res level.

I'm up in Wake Forest if you wanted to bring it by to have another set of eyes look at it.

Just shoot me a message.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I will look into all that was mentioned. Swervedriver, I may shoot you a pm if this continues to happen. It has only happened on two occasions, so I'm going to see if it happens again. Thanks for the offer.

Check the intercooler res level.

I'm up in Wake Forest if you wanted to bring it by to have another set of eyes look at it.

Just shoot me a message.

Users who are viewing this thread