An Example of Truly Impressive Turbo Engineering

04SVTF

Established Member
:bowdown:

project2.jpg

dragcosworth3.jpg

All taken from thread

[ame=http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1575817]An Example of Truly Impressive Turbo Engineering - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum[/ame]

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Damn...that's just beautiful! Perfection. Look at them Greeks, they're investing all their money in Turbos, is that why their economy is down?
Great pictures, too!

04SVTF

Established Member
:coolman:

To get enough airflow at 12,000rpm(!) to get the job done, you'll need a skillfully ported head, complete with titanium valves and copper-beryllium valve seats:

cylinder5.jpg

cylinder.jpg

cylinder.jpg

Forza Aerospace

Established Member
As i'm studying for "Design and Selection of Materials" I click on this thread and had to laugh about the copper-beryllium valve seats as I was just reading about something similar. Very cool build!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
whats the point of having such a huge turbo when you can only use it for small part of the rpm band.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
How many RPMs does your car drop when you shift RPMs?

Think before you speak.
It's hard for some people to think about things they've no knowledge of in the first place.

If you want to read cool info on turbo's, check out Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. The posted pics are some of the first properly setup turbo's Iv'e seen online since reading it. Notice how the exhaust feeds the wastegate as much as the turbo? How it's a V?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
How many RPMs does your car drop when you shift RPMs?

Think before you speak.

depends on a number of factors, like gear ratio, cams, how much displacement a inline 4 has etc. All im saying big turbos + small motors = wacky power bands. I believe properply sized turbos to match engine displacement will have a more potent punch.

I remember 700hp notch eating 900awhp Evo from a roll years ago, peak power isn't everything.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
depends on a number of factors, like gear ratio, cams, how much displacement a inline 4 has etc. All im saying big turbos + small motors = wacky power bands. I believe properply sized turbos to match engine displacement will have a more potent punch.

I remember 700hp notch eating 900awhp Evo from a roll years ago, peak power isn't everything.
Believe what you want, but a turbo isn't just sized to an engine's displacement.

Users who are viewing this thread