AMS just gave UGR some company...

Poppacapp

Established Member
Well I'd say AMS is doing pretty good getting an R35 to push a $400,000+ car to the limit, back and forth.

Either way I like seeing it because I personally like both and would obviously take a TT Aventador over an AMS R35...but can't deny how insane the GTR has turned out to be.

And some people keep saying "we'll UGR keeps coming back faster".....well AMS has been doing just the same so until AMS can't come back with faster times like they do each time I wouldn't say one is better than the other especially since they have two different calibers of cars they're working with also.

Only thing it'd prove is that the Aventador can be pushed further than an R35 and which will spend the time and money in development to "win" this battle.

Definitely not taking anything away from the GTR.. awesome car.. Money no object though... Aventador would be in the garage... of course if I had that kind of money, I could have both. :)

61mmstang94

Established Member
Definitely not taking anything away from the GTR.. awesome car.. Money no object though... Aventador would be in the garage... of course if I had that kind of money, I could have both. :)

Exactly. And I bet that Aventador isn't far from being a $1,000,000 car considering car cost and mods. But damn would I have one if I had that much to spend lol.

BLK_03

Established Member
When is that badass AWD S7 gonna hit the streets and whoop everyone in the universe???

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
In the 7s boys....

IMG_3468.jpg

cclark

Established Member
Whether or not you are accelerating from 0, 20mph or 50mph, the 60-130 will be the same if all other things are equal. All that matters is that you are at WOT by the time you reach 60 and that you aren't spinning.

I've validated thousands of 60-130 runs since I first came up with the idea 6 years ago, and typically the fastest runs for a typical car are done on the street. My guess is if AMS went out to run dedicated 60-130 runs on the street in this car, they would run a faster time than what they ran on the strip.

For some reason I thought it would be the opposite, running a faster 60-130 at the strip from a dead stop, as compared to on the street pacing a hair under 60 then WOT till 130

M-Phibian

Established Member
For some reason I thought it would be the opposite, running a faster 60-130 at the strip from a dead stop, as compared to on the street pacing a hair under 60 then WOT till 130

Proper 60-130 runs aren't done by pacing a hair under 60. That would skew the time because it would include the delay that occurs from going from normal throttle to WOT. It would also include the lag delay in turbo cars. They are actually done by measuring the time you pass 60 mph from a lower speed, to the time you reach 130 mph. I recommend to most people to start their runs at 40-45 mph if you can hook. If you can't, start no later than 55mph. *Never* start at 60 mph.

This way removes as many variables as possible.

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
Proper 60-130 runs aren't done by pacing a hair under 60. That would skew the time because it would include the delay that occurs from going from normal throttle to WOT. It would also include the lag delay in turbo cars. They are actually done by measuring the time you pass 60 mph from a lower speed, to the time you reach 130 mph. I recommend to most people to start their runs at 40-45 mph if you can hook. If you can't, start no later than 55mph. *Never* start at 60 mph.

This way removes as many variables as possible.

That makes much more sense then on how to perform a correct 60-130 on the street. So both a strip/dig run shoul be the same as a moving/street run as long as everything is equal, and the car hooks? The reason I originally asked was because of this huge thread over at yellowbullet and apparently a drag guy (andrew71 I believe) took his drag car to TI and competed and raced against some ugr lambos and other quick cars, and says his drag 60-130 is sub 2.50s but at TI from a roll was a whole new ball game and way slower...it's a long read. But it's just confusing and doesn't make sense why thu would be the same or the street one would be faster than the track.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558633

M-Phibian

Established Member
That makes much more sense then on how to perform a correct 60-130 on the street. So both a strip/dig run shoul be the same as a moving/street run as long as everything is equal, and the car hooks? The reason I originally asked was because of this huge thread over at yellowbullet and apparently a drag guy (andrew71 I believe) took his drag car to TI and competed and raced against some ugr lambos and other quick cars, and says his drag 60-130 is sub 2.50s but at TI from a roll was a whole new ball game and way slower...it's a long read. But it's just confusing and doesn't make sense why thu would be the same or the street one would be faster than the track.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558633

Clark - You hit it on the head when you mentioned "and the car hooks". The monster GT-Rs and Lambos (and Porsches) hook extremely well on the street which is why you don't see much of a difference between their 60-130 times on the street vs the strip.

But focused drag cars that require prepped, VHT-laden tracks and heated slicks (after long burnouts) in order to hook, typically won't come close to running comparable times on the street as they do on the track. We see this both in measured 60-130 times as well as in real world roll-races.

Also keep in mind that the airstrip at TI isn't near as sticky as a properly prepped NHRA dragstrip is, so traction will be an issue for many drag cars.

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
Clark - You hit it on the head when you mentioned "and the car hooks". The monster GT-Rs and Lambos (and Porsches) hook extremely well on the street which is why you don't see much of a difference between their 60-130 times on the street vs the strip.

But focused drag cars that require prepped, VHT-laden tracks and heated slicks (after long burnouts) in order to hook, typically won't come close to running comparable times on the street as they do on the track. We see this both in measured 60-130 times as well as in real world roll-races.

Also keep in mind that the airstrip at TI isn't near as sticky as a properly prepped NHRA dragstrip is, so traction will be an issue for many drag cars.

I completely understand now, that makes perfect sense. However one more quick note/question. I see the rwd cars especially drag specific cars with slicks, will run faster 60-130 on a prepped track than out on the street due to traction, and that the awd gtrs, lambos and Porsches will run similar 60-130 times at the strip and on the street, however I know you mentioned earlier that if alpha omega ran 60-130 on the street it would probably be faster than what it just did at the track, now why would that be? I figured if the 2 times had any difference between the two, the faster time would have been on the track since that's the ultimate in traction.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Holy ****, 7.98 is insane. Congrats to AMS, they just shook up the game a bit. Not to knock them though, but until they back that up on the street/roll racing event. It doesn't mean all that much. These cars aren't built for 1/4 mile, they are built to be street friendly monsters. It just so happens they both perform incredibly well in the 1/4! Also, M-Phibian thanks for the info! I was under the impression a 60-130 run was timed from cruising just under 60 than punching it.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
"Thank you everyone!!! We are just floored! We hoped to hit it today but it was warm and the track was not nearly as sticky as Thursday. Despite that I Ivan stayed In nearly touching the center line. When the board lit up we all just flipped out. Tears were shed, hugs were passed out liberally. Now we are at out pit celebrating with some delicious libations!!! We are done for today but I'm sure we will be back. For now it's time to celebrate!!!!!!

Eric"

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
:shrug:

[youtube_browser]aTJj-YaMdsk[/youtube_browser]

And he is driving a stick. :) :shrug: :banana:

Nah.. Good runs for the GTR though. :beer:

It's amazing what Shep did and so many years ago with the dsm platform. He's doing great things with GTR's now too.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

mr2cam

Established Member
Wow 7's already? I didn't expect that.. Congrats to them!

Users who are viewing this thread