Ams 1000 dialing in

BUCKET

Established Member
So, it's installed. Everything is good except I am in the process of tuning pressures. Problem I am seeing is something idk where to go with. Below is data log of waste gate pressure with car not running

null_zps190cc20e.jpg

So of
Course my run with the car seeing about 6psi on waste gate springs and adding 3psi of added to WG have me about a max of 8psi on this run. However here is the data log from it on WG pressure while activated and under boost

null_zps41e952b4.jpg

This a leak issue, too much pressure ? Map
Sensor for WG is as close as I could T and mount it
Before driver side WG. Had no room to install it directly in it.

BUCKET

Established Member
Reading around it looks like leak. Time for soapy water test this afternoon

Or pressure is too high. Gah

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Jealous...wish I had that controller. You will probably find better luck with questions about that controller on the bullet.

BUCKET

Established Member
It's a leak. Problem is I am at work wondering where it is. I drove the car to work this morning and log'd that on way in.

poof100

Established Member
It's a leak. Problem is I am at work wondering where it is. I drove the car to work this morning and log'd that on way in.

Sorry to hear about the leak, but I'm sure you will get it sorted out. Glad to see you have the 1000 up and running though! Love this controller, it's a beast!!! :banana:

BUCKET

Established Member
My own fault for not checking. Done air bag setup vehicles before and knew better. Home now. Got 3 leaks so far. One at fitting other two at short line. So line maybe too short. Issue will be resolved after lunch

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I looked at the AMS 1000 but it was a bit over kill for me lol. I ended up going with the boost leash. Just make sure you check all your vacuum connections and even the solenoid.

BUCKET

Established Member
Well found leaks. Fixed them, map on WG holds and runs within .1 psi

However when out on it.... Not holding to .1. Ill take a pic of the graph soon.

Otherwise working it out (today is first day I have got to spend time with it) I love this thing

BUCKET

Established Member
@&$@&&!!!

Boost controller is perfect and doing its job perfectly. In the garage with car off it hold top of waste gate pressure to .1 psi.

While running is with ams in a 3rd gear pull my boost at manifold is not consistent. And is consistent with top of gate. No leaks. Vacuum at idle is 19-20 inhg.

Replaced line from turbo to gate so smaller and tighter to make sure it wasn't pushing air.

So it's not the AMS or map sensor used to control solenoids. Only thing I can think its the waste gate. But no idea how to test this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread