Amp install question

bolt01

Established Member
so i was planning to run 2 amps in my truck, 1 4 channel RF 550x (650 watts)and 1 mono RF 500bd (650 watts) amp. i was planning to install everything myself but my question is what size power guage cable should i use. i was thinking of useing a 4 guage power cable from the battery, then from the distribution block use 8 guage going into the 2 amps. what do you guys think? ot should i use 2 guage fron the battery and then from the distribution block use 4 guage going into the 2 amps?

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
yea 4 would be fine then split to 8...i have boston acoustics speakers and 3 12's in my bronco and thats how i have it 4 to 8...i have two amps...im selling my 3 12's to my friends on tuesday there 3 12inch jl audio w3v2's

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
definitely invest in a cap.
personally i dont think caps work..i have one in bronco with the 3 12's and the cap doesnt do anyting but look good when the numbers go up and down lol my battery gague still goes down when it hits and its an optima battery...maybe its my alternator but ionno...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Get "the CAP" made by Alumapro. They work great and originally designed/engineered for heavy military usage/abuse.

Also, larger cables and quality connectors will help reduce noise and will produce a more solid signal and sound output.

I don't install anything smaller than 4ga regardless of the setup. 8ga just doesn't cut it and restricts/reduces voltage/amperage flow. If you were testing SQ with digital testing equipment you could see and experience what I am referring to.

Good luck!

Robb,

Can you email me some pics of your engine bay? I have a MP blower and I am thinking about getting that JLP s/m intake and would like to see how it looks.

Link is in sig block below~

Users who are viewing this thread