American Racing Headers axle back

torysolheim

Established Member
Hello,

New to the forum. Got a 2011 GT500 about a month back. Has American racing long tube headers and off road x-pipe on it. With the stock mufflers it was no exactly what I was looking for so I got some used Roush axle backs. WAY too raspy and not my cup of tea. Now I have the chance to pickup some American Racing Headers axle backs for a good price. Anyone have experience with these? Are they comparable to a better known option? Thanks again and look forward to joining this community!

Tory

Last edited:

torysolheim

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I may look into swapping to an H pipe for a long term fix. I was just hoping there was something I could use with the X pipe before ripping all the exhaust out. Unfortunately the X pipe was already installed and it has a a few custom welded in pieces so a direct H pipe swap may require some work.

torysolheim

Established Member
I found a set of used 13-14 GT Borla Touring. The mounting looks the same as GT500 and a lot of 2011-2012 GT500 exhaust also works for 2011-2014 GT. I also don't see the Touring offered as axle back only for the GT500 only cat back which I don't need. Can anyone verify if the mounting is the same or if they would work? Thanks.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-touring-axleback-1314gt.html

Last edited:

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
The ARH axle backs are pretty good. I had them for a while and liked them. I got rid of them because at the time I was pissed off at my car and later learned the hard way it was the X causing the raspiness that I didn't like.

Minimal drone.

You will probably like the H better than the X, and I ended up putting on a set of resonators I got from ARH.

Users who are viewing this thread