American Racing Header fitment

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
I have been reading countless threads on headers and fitment. I have to say, I think this is where the extra cost for these headers is worth it. I am able to take the starter out in about 3 minutes with these headers, and also, you can easily pull the trans. You would have to take the tranny and bell housing out separatley, but you would have no problems doing a clutch with these headers on. Not to mention, I went with the 1 3/4" primarys and 3" collectors, and still have room to remove these parts. The quality and fitment of these parts is far beyond my expectations. I have done BBK, Bassani, and Mac, and none fit as well as these. Just info for you all.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I have been reading countless threads on headers and fitment. I have to say, I think this is where the extra cost for these headers is worth it. I am able to take the starter out in about 3 minutes with these headers, and also, you can easily pull the trans. You would have to take the tranny and bell housing out separatley, but you would have no problems doing a clutch with these headers on. Not to mention, I went with the 1 3/4" primarys and 3" collectors, and still have room to remove these parts. The quality and fitment of these parts is far beyond my expectations. I have done BBK, Bassani, and Mac, and none fit as well as these. Just info for you all.

good to know....looking at their stuff just today

did you just go for 3" or did they recommend it? you running a twin screw?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'll second his feedback. Theres a ton of room for the size of the headers. I have the same set btw.
I'll post up a pic in a sec.
img0203x.jpg

img0201r.jpg

Last edited:

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
good to know....looking at their stuff just today

did you just go for 3" or did they recommend it? you running a twin screw?

I went for the 3", I plan on a twin screw and cams, so I wanted as much flow as I could get. Most people recommended not upgrading with my current setup though. I just know I am gonna go bigger later. If your doing the install yourself though, be ready for the 3 and 4 upper primary bolts. PITA. Others not so bad. Worth it though.

I'll second his feedback. Theres a ton of room for the size of the headers. I have the same set btw.
I'll post up a pic in a sec.

I really gotta see this car some time. Pics looks great. Did they get it tuned up right?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I really gotta see this car some time. Pics looks great. Did they get it tuned up right?

Still getting tuned. Having issues with the injs at idle. Still pulled 750+whp on a Mustng Dyno at 23psi. Final setup will be 26psi and a 150 shot for fun. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread