American Muscle H.I.D's or EBAY

cobrarob2345

Established Member
As it states, I am looking to put hids in my car and I am wondering if I should go with the ones from american muscle or just get less expensive ones off of ebay. As long as they are duel beam, they should both perform the same, no? Does anyone have experience with either choice and how do they perform if so?

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i have 3 sets of ebay kits on 3 diffrent cars. all worked good, man i had 1 ddm kit. 2 weeks later. bulb went out.:(

go ebay

95riosnake

Established Member
i have 3 sets of ebay kits on 3 diffrent cars. all worked good, man i had 1 ddm kit. 2 weeks later. bulb went out.:(

go ebay

I've had a DDM kit in my cobra for 2 years and haven't had any problems. I have a few friends that have them in their GTO's and they haven't had any problems either.

Maybe you just got a bad bulb... DDM doesn't make the bulbs. :shrug:

I recommend DDM.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I have had my ebay kit on my car for 3 years now and I haven't had a problem out of them and I only paid 70 for them... A friend of mine bought the AM ones a long time ago and has had nothing but problems with his and he paid 300.... DDM or Ebay for sure. I am ordering ebay fogs here soon

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have 3 ebay kits in 3 cars with zero issues.
Don't bother with the bi-xenon kit though. The high beams are useless in our oem housings

Salmonsnake

Established Member
I have eBay 8000k dual filaments in the stock housings and single filaments in the fogs, i like them a lot and haven't had any issues. They say they are blue in the ad and they are surely that. eBay HID's get my vote.

mackj66

Established Member
DDM, 6000k with their additional wiring harness.
No problems at all, and they look great. Crispy white with a tiny hint of icy blue.

Users who are viewing this thread