America: History of Us

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
who else just watched this on the History channel? it looks great and i can't wait till next weeks episode

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
the part I watched tonight looked real good. I dvr'd the whole episode. I saw a show yesterday showing how the states got their shape, which was very cool, and educational.

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
watching it right now. sadly I've never cared much for early American History, but this is definitely interesting. Looking forward to the next episodes

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I can never catch shit like this when its on TV.

ill likely wait till its over, and torrent it in HD and watch it all in one setting. Did the same for WWII in HD.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
I DVR'd it also. I watched the first segment before the first commercial. I've been wanting to see this since they first previewed it in the theaters.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
history will always be revised by the victors... I actually watched it despite opening remarks by 'hope and change' and look forward to future episodes without the opening host..

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i'm a whore for history, all periods of it, so the history channel grabs a lot of my time(especially the roman empire and dark ages stuff). this is absolutely one of the best history shows i've ever seen! it went way more in depth than i expected, considering the broad, specific time frame that it's covering. loved every bit of it, can't wait for the other 10 hours!

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I never got to see it, smashed my plasma tv as soon as Obama did the intro.....:bash:

When I saw him I thought to myself "Crap..now I'll have to make sure to pay attention just to see if they 'revised' anything." lol

i did the exact same thing! i had set the remote down then doofus started talking and I told the wife "hand me the remote! gotta skip this junk"

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I wished it focused some more time on the founding fathers and everything, not just the war though but other than that it was pretty good. Next week the episode will be about the frontier

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I watched it last night too and thought it was badass. I also love the commentator, the guy that does most of the HBO shows, he just has one of those voices that are perfect for something like this, kinda like Morgan Freeman lol

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Damn, I heard an ad about it on Pandora and meant to record it but forgot. I bet they'll rerun it.

01svtL

Established Member
Damn, I heard an ad about it on Pandora and meant to record it but forgot. I bet they'll rerun it.

Yea I am hoping they play it again. I, too, meant to DVR it and forgot all about it.

Users who are viewing this thread