amending arrest question

soon2be03

Established Member
amending arrest question for LEO's

Well, lastnight I was talking to a friend of mine I havent seen since I got back from over seas last November and he told me that a LEO showed up at his house and told him he had a warrant out for his arrest. It was for unpaid traffic tickets. So they take him to the station and book him, process him, ect. Well then he goes to court and during that time the judge finds that my friend had already paid for the tickets, and my friend had his mom bring up the receipts. The judge threw out the charges or what ever and released him. This happend I believe 4-5 months ago. So question is did the arrest get amended when the judge threw it out, or is there something else my friend has to do? I told him that you couldnt amend arrests, but I do not know much about civilian law. Thanks!

PS I know this is third party, and I don't know the "whole" story, but this is pretty much all I know at this time, I guess if you need more info I can get it for you.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You can amend charges. But the judge didnt do that. The judge obviously dismissed the case. Although there was a dismissal, if he was "booked" has an arrest record and the record will remain in NCIC.

He can check with the judge and request that his record be expunged making specific note of the fact that the warrant was issued erroneously. The record of the arrest will never come off of NCIC if it went there.

soon2be03

Established Member
Ok, NCIC was what I was thinking when I told him I didnt believe he could get it amended. Thank you very much.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He should make sure someone entered a follow up record that is linked to the arrest, that shows it was dismissed because of an error in issuing of the original warrant.

Users who are viewing this thread