Amazon tuning coming to Washington/Oregon area

99BlkLitng

Established Member
There are a few Lightning and Harley guys that are trying to get Rick at Amazon tuning out here for some hands on tuning. More then likely the dyno will be in Washington since the lead for this event is from Washington. They are thinking sometime in September to the first weekend in October. Post up if interested or you can PM me for further details.

Note: This is open to all makes and models that would want a hands on custom dyno tune from Rick @ Amazon. So cobras, mustangs, focus and even other makes are welcomed. Check www.amazonracing.com to make sure Rick can tune your ride.

Thanks
Damon

Last edited:

painintheass

Established Member
I'm down, depending on the place. I have an Amazon tune as we speak. Wouldn't mind one done in person.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
30 views and only two actually interested? I am working to get the final numbers and will post them up as soon as i get them. PM me if you want an idea of pricing.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
So it looks like we are shooting for October 2nd-5th as the time frame. We are still looking at a dyno shop (more then likely in WA), so I will post that info when it is recieved and will then have a deadline for sign ups.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
He should be here for at least two days. I hope to have the dyno location info tonight, but until then here are some of the money details that we have right now.

Group prices:
Flight: $400-$500
Hotel: $150-$200
Food: $100 (just to be hospitable)
Total: $800 (worse case)
w/4 people $200 ea
w/5 people $160 ea
w/6 people $134 ea
w/7 people $115 ea
w/8 people $100 ea
(costs can drop depeding on flight)

Costs for individuals would be added on for each of their needs.

Dyno: $100-$120 ea (estimated and might go down with amount of people)
Tuning: $250 ea
Hardware + tune: $399
Customer: $125 ea (just tune) for lifetime revision if not already a current Amazon customer

Let me know if you have any questions. Also we are working on a cutoff date to nail down the amount of people that are def in.

Thanks
Damon

painintheass

Established Member
Hi 99BlkLitng:

fyi, I posted at your website too, someone in another post I sunmitted suggested this. I posted under the name Flash/Thunder, I think is what my user name was on the lightning treuck site.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Here is the latest information that we have and information from Amazon.

First of all the dyno will be east of Seattle in Maple Valley, WA and we are shooting for Oct 3rd but it will depend on how many we end up with and could include the 2nd or 4th too.

we will need to establish a cutoff date for reserving your spot.. I would say Sept 18th.. you will need to be in contact with me with your CC info to reserve a spot..I will not charge any of the cards until after that date so the sooner you get back to me will make sure that you are getting a spot.. once the minimum is reached the event will be sold out..

we still have a few loose ends that we need to clear up but as soon as we do the info will be posted and we will need firm comittments..

if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or call 864 332 0955
Linn

As soon as the loose ends are cleared up I will post the final info.

For any and all questions give Linn a call to reserve your spot at 864-332-0955.

Last edited:

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
If it's John Garner's Horsepower Ranch! I'd be in! Very nice facility! Very clean!Although John is the only one that tunes there. I'm not sure it would be him letting someone else tune at his facility. I could be wrong though...

99BlkLitng

Established Member
If it's John Garner's Horsepower Ranch! I'd be in! Very nice facility! Very clean!Although John is the only one that tunes there. I'm not sure it would be him letting someone else tune at his facility. I could be wrong though...

I'm pretty sure that is where it will be.

painintheass

Established Member
If its horsepower ranch I'm in. But, I will need final prices before any commitment, which I know is being worked.

Stewie 03

Established Member
I talked to Rick today and he confirmed that it will be at Horsepower Ranch. I was thinking about how John would feel about allowing someone else to tune at his shop but then again everyone will be paying for dyno time so he's going to make out well. Not to mention that although John is a good tuner and is very knowledgable (he tuned my truck) he may be able to pick up a thing or two from Rick. :shrug:

cacric

Established Member
Howdy folks,

I'm setting everything up with the dyno and Amazon..........yes it will be at HP Ranch. I talked to John and told him we are flying Rick in to do the tuning and he said he is ok with that.

He does have to refigure the dyno cost because he wouldn't be doing all the work. I'll be calling everyone again the start of this week to make sure everything is moving forward and to nail down some pricing.

To be in, as Damon said, call Amazon and give them your CC info to hold a spot......this is the only way we can make sure we have the numbers needed.

I have posted this up at the sites I am on also so you can PM me here or there for any additional info.

cacric

Established Member
Looks like about 6 or 7 folks right now with only 3 locked in with Amazon........that is our gauge to know the total count.

There are a couple others waiting to know the final price before they say yes or no that there in.......so watch the cutoff date Linn sets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread