Amazon Racing air system on..comments

Cobra'03

Established Member
This is a very nice piece. The air filter, by AFE, is much better quality than either the K&N or the Holley. The flange is made of hi quality polyurethane instead of plastisol, and really seals to the machined aluminum adaptor that is mounted to the MAF sensor body. This filter has a flange with a radiused shape inside, for a minor velocity stack effect.

One important caveat: the seal between the adaptor and the stock piece was not occlusive - it left a tiny gap that could be seen when held up to a light source. This would of course allow unfiltered air to enter. I recommend sealing it with a tiny bead of non-hardening sealer. I use Permatex Hylomar. If you use silicone RTV, mae sure you let it air dry 24 hours before you mount it to the MAF since the fumes could contaminate it. With the Hylomar, you do not have to wait.

Mounting was straightforward, My kit came without the threaded screws needed, so I sourced some stainless steel ones (M6 x 30mm) with stainless lockwashers and nuts from Lowe's. The bolt head should face the filter. Once you tighten, remove any residual Hylomar from both the inside and outside of the adaptor plate.

When mounitng the heat shield, make sure the front of the shield goes over the bolt near the headlight - this will ensure that the heat shield is level, then tighten down the one bolt that was holding on the stck airbox to the fender's speednut.

The sound and throttel response are great. Dyno says about 14 rwhp gain. As Rick said, these blowers really respond to mods at the inlet.

The filter's dimensions are 9" long x 6" at bottom, 4 3/4" at top, and the flange is 4".

Last edited:

FINICKY

Established Member
hey did you have any trouble with the shield fitting?
cobra 03 did you take out your mass air screen?

Last edited:

michigancobra

Established Member
This set up is $139 and Pauls High Performance
is asking $329 for theres! Anyone know the differences between the two?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by FINICKY
hey did you have any trouble with the shield fitting?
cobra 03 did you take out your mass air screen?

If you follow what I posted about putting the shield above thre nut in front(see the picture), you will have no problem.

The system does away with the screen - not that it is a big deal to do so,

Users who are viewing this thread