Amazon Predator

Snake40

Established Member
Amazon shipped the 2.93 chip but will exchange for
Predator that only comes programmed for 2.8.
Been waiting for 4 weeks (not their fault),
what do I do? Mod bug is screaming please help!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
The predator tune is for 12-14 lbs of boost as far as I know.

That is exactly what it says in the manual. There was someone here the other day that good results when using a predator with a 2.93. If it is really rich, you could probably lean it out with the predator. I think you would be fine.

I know if it was me in your situation, I would do it.

lethal

Established Member
It's not a matter of the pulley, but the amount of boost. For instance, you could use any pulley combo and 12-14 lbs should be safe. Some observations by others feel that if you run 91 octane (as in Cali) then you should use the 2.9 pulley vs the 2.8 pulley.

I say go for it, and you will be able to adjust the a/f if needed. I had considered going the 2.9 route, but I got a 2.8 for nada.

John

RGrossman

Established Member
Running 2.8 with no problems. Car is running great! I run Sunoco 94 Octane for extra protection. Denso IT22s gapped at .38.

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by DOHC03
I'm running a 3.1 with the Predator pulley tune, runs great. Will probably go smaller later.

You have any dyno numbers yet?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I'm running a 3.2 with the pulley tune
437.0rwhp
439.1rwtqr
Yes it is running pig rich, I am planning on switching to the 2.93 after the winter is over. After seeing some dyno graphs it seems like the 2.93 is the way to go with the predator.

Get Ready

Established Member
I'm running a 3.0 pulley, with the pulley tune. 440/435. A little rich, also UPR CAI, Magnaflow X pipe with high flow cats. steeda cat-back

stang99

What happened to the staying stock for warranty stuff? Now you finally have the Predator and I have seen it in action. I would be tempted except you still need a real time dyno tune to get a good tune into the Predator, so if you already have a chip it would not seem worth the extra $$$$$.
BTW: I ran the 3.1 for 20000 miles and it is a good all around choice for Ca 91 octane gas and not over spinning the Eaton. I am using a 3.0 with the non slip idlers today since the 2.8 was slipping big time even with the idlers and a tight belt. The 3.0 with a different belt is still slipping a little at 6500 RPM. The 3.1 without the idlers barely slipped at all.

Originally posted by DOHC03
I'm running a 3.1 with the Predator pulley tune, runs great. Will probably go smaller later.

Users who are viewing this thread