Am trying the Hurst T56 Shifter today

99svtvert

I put in the Hurst T56 shifter (which was given to me), this morning and replaced my beloved MGW shifter; basically just to try it out. But; I have got to tell you it is NOT BAD. It has only slightly longer throws than either the MGW or TriAX (which I have used for 3+ years).

It is crisp; not at all notchy; has positive snaps; and the longer handle, with a forward facing curve, has some mechanical advantage that make shifting easier and actually places a shifter that is too far away, closer to me (or it seems so).

I used a Bob's Cobra gasket. This is the quietest shifter I have ever had (NO gear noise at all).

Am I crazy ? Anyone else tried it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I had one in my T45 and I have a Pro5.0 in the T56 . I like the Pro5.0 shifter alot better. If any thing it seems to short. The hurst shifter was ok. Are you going to keep it in?

99svtvert

99flblackcobra said:
I had one in my T45 and I have a Pro5.0 in the T56 . I like the Pro5.0 shifter alot better. If any thing it seems to short. The hurst shifter was ok. Are you going to keep it in?

I just don't know yet. Maybe the newness of it is what has snagged me. Maybe I'll try it for a week or so; then go back to MGW, and decide then.

Users who are viewing this thread