Am I out of line here???

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Back story - There used to be a audio/tint shop in my town that I had 3 of my vehicles tinted at. I got to know the owner of the shop decently as one of my cars or my friends cars always seemed to be in his shop getting one thing or another done. I never became "friends" with this guy, never hung out wth him, never saw him outside of when I was at his shop. His shop closed four or five YEARS ago. I haven't seen the owner since his shop closed.

Today - I set up an appointment to get my wifes Jeep tinted at a shop I have used for my last 3 vehicles. I have never had an issue with them and they did great work on my cummins when I had it. I drop my wifes Jeep off at 8am to get the tint done. The workers of the shop asked what percentage tint I'd like done and I told them 35% all around. This is my wifes ride, not mine, I didn't want the thing blacked out with her running over small children and elderly people at night. She is a woman after all ;-). So I just went with the legal limit as she really just wanted the windows a bit darker, not blacked out.

Noon today - I log on to my laptop to check my emails and it shows I have a message on facebook from the owner of the shop I used to go to for tint YEARS ago :dw:. So I log on facebook wondering how the hell this guy A. Remembered who I was and B. How or why he took the time to find me on facebook as I have never been his friend on the site. This is a direct copy/paste of his message .

"dont know why yud bring jeep to pacesetters and not me, yur paying more for me to do it there and yur going wrong darkness, yur gonna regret it"

Pacesetters is the name of the shop doing my tint today and I guess the guy now does window tinting out of his garage. I guess pacesetters out sources their tint to him but he comes to their shop and does it.

Him doing the tint doesn't bother me, him sending me messages about it does. I didn't respond to the message as it pissed me off a bit and I was going to bring it up with the shop when I pick it up.

About ten minutes ago I got a text that read "Yur doing the wrong % tint, it wnt look good. I do jeeps 20%. Isnt wise."

Now I am pissed off a bit more. Not only is this guy finding me online and sending me messages he is getting my # from the shop and sending me texts. Am I out of line for being pissed about this? I find it very unprofessional of him to be doing this. Obviously he just wants the money for himself but I would rather pay more for a shop to do my work and give me a lifetime warranty rather than some guy doing it out of his garage. Also he may just be trying to advise me to do something else but I didn't ask for his opinion, don't care what he thinks it will look like, and really think he could have gone about it differently.

I plan to bring this up when I go to get the Jeep but I am not sure exactly how to go about it. I wanted to call now and bring it up but the last thing I want is a pissed off guy working on our brand new Jeep. So SVTP, am I out of line to be pissed? What would you guys do in this situation.

Pics of wife have already been posted, so "pics of wife or ban" posts are moot.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The guy fb'ing you sounds like a dumbass and a tool, especially with grammar skills like that. You said he used to work for that shop you have the jeep at today, and now does it out of his garage? Im sure his obvious attitude had something to do with it.....

Id FB him back telling him to go back to grade school before he contacts you again.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ya, he's being a douche. If he wasn't a douche, he would have contacted you to say hey, how's it going, remember me?" and say that it's your decision about the tint but 20% looks great on Jeeps.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I would be pissed if I had that done to me. I would retrieve the car, then tell him to keep his advice to himself. If it was so great his shop wouldn't have folded.

oldmodman

Established Member
His method of letting you know that you could have gone directly to him is a very poor way to advertise.

And I would let the shop owner know that your information (phone#, name, etc) is not to be given out to anyone.

It is possible that the sub contractor found out that info by going though your Jeep. Lots of info left in glove boxes and center consoles. or maybe all the info was on the work order.

But you are still well withing your rights to light them all on fire and roast marshmallows over their burning corpses.:burn:

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
The guy fb'ing you sounds like a dumbass and a tool, especially with grammar skills like that. You said he used to work for that shop you have the jeep at today, and now does it out of his garage? Im sure his obvious attitude had something to do with it.....

Id FB him back telling him to go back to grade school before he contacts you again.

He used to own his own shop and it shut down. He now does the window tinting for shop I chose to use for the Jeep. I had no idea he now did the tint for the new shop I chose to use.

Thanks for letting me know I am not crazy for thinking this a bit out of line.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
His method of letting you know that you could have gone directly to him is a very poor way to advertise.

And I would let the shop owner know that your information (phone#, name, etc) is not to be given out to anyone.

It is possible that the sub contractor found out that info by going though your Jeep. Lots of info left in glove boxes and center consoles. or maybe all the info was on the work order.

But you are still well withing your rights to light them all on fire and roast marshmallows over their burning corpses.:burn:

I am pretty sure all of my info is printed on their invoice. I always remove all my personal info from my vehicles when they are in a shop, too many thieves and scammers out there.

Mmmm I do like smores...

Last edited:

LUBaseball2

Established Member
If you're happy with the way it looks I would just let it go and move on... If you get there and you don't like it then I'd probably raise hell about the whole situation.. but why get all worked up if it's what you like .. Just pay them and leave

jrandy

Established Member
If you're happy with the way it looks I would just let it go and move on... If you get there and you don't like it then I'd probably raise hell about the whole situation.. but why get all worked up if it's what you like .. Just pay them and leave

+1

ignore the guy and move on... if he says anything else then i would say something. him loosing you as a customer for life is his punishment.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

+1

ignore the guy and move on... if he says anything else then i would say something. him loosing you as a customer for life is his punishment.

Get your Jeep back and ignore the douche.

These lol.

Although he went about it the wrong way it just sounds like he just wanted you to know he would have done it for cheeper on the side.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You are way out of line. Guy is being very nice to you. He took the time to find you and offer a legit advice.

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
He's a tard for how he acted, and you are about to follow suit....

When you go to the shop, if the tint is done well and what you wanted done, then pay for services rendered and move on. Just ignore the dousche, do go all Jerry springer with him...

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Just picked up the Jeep. I didn't mention anything to them, it wasn't worth making an issue about it. I wasn't asking if I would be out of line to make a big deal about it. I was asking if I was out of line for being a bit peeved.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
It's probably annoying but it's not like he went on birth control without telling you or something.

Users who are viewing this thread