Am I missng something?

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
My serpentine went the other day and since I had a new one stashed in the trunk( that my lazy didn't get around to changing in time) I thought no big deal I will just throw it on. I could not get the new Ford belt around the tensioner pulley, so I pulled the tensioner to get access. Is this normal, the car was in a accident a while back so I was wondering if it was normal to have to loosen the tensioner for install(that bracket on the tensioner interferes with the 1/2 inch drive breaker bar access and that had to come off, I have never had to do so much to just change a belt before.

1989Gt.

Banned
wait wait wait im lost you had to remove the coil bracket to get the tensioner to sit correctly? or your talking about that little cover that sits over the tensioner? If your talking about the cover your suppose to remove that, before installing a new belt then put it back on when your done or just take it off.

CzchMex

Established Member
Yep. You're missing an "i" in your "missng"

But seriously. No. You shouldn't have to do anything more than use a breaker bar or ratchet to pull up on the tensioner and get the belt on. Are you sure you have the right size belt?

Users who are viewing this thread