Am I crazy or what?

keebs888

Predictably unpredictable
Established Member
/begin rant

I never would have thought when I get my '96 Mystic that no one else liked the damned things. I have been trying to find a coupe or (more preferably) a '93 Cobra to trade it for. NO ONE seems interested. I mean, honestly, the car does need some minor paint work...rear bumper...a couple of small spots...but the body is perfect and the interior is near mint. Mechanically? Perfect. I swear....if the DOHC's are so desireable, then what gives? Should have stayed with the 5.0!

/end rant

LocoGT

Banned
keebs888 said:
/begin rant

I never would have thought when I get my '96 Mystic that no one else liked the damned things. I have been trying to find a coupe or (more preferably) a '93 Cobra to trade it for. NO ONE seems interested. I mean, honestly, the car does need some minor paint work...rear bumper...a couple of small spots...but the body is perfect and the interior is near mint. Mechanically? Perfect. I swear....if the DOHC's are so desireable, then what gives? Should have stayed with the 5.0!

/end rant
I'm going to guess you're asking for cash + their car?

keebs888

Established Member
For a coupe, I was asking the car plus between 3000-3500..for a 93, even trade. Does that sounds unreasonable to anyone?

LocoGT

Banned
keebs888 said:
For a coupe, I was asking the car plus between 3000-3500..for a 93, even trade. Does that sounds unreasonable to anyone?
Post pics of the damage to your sled.

I bet you could prob get a nice penny for your car on ebay & then go buy what you want w/$ leftover. Just word the ad right & you'll get someone on ebay to overpay. It's all about presentation.

keebs888

Established Member
I don't have any pics of the damage...but all that needs to be done is

1) The rear bumper cover

2) A strip on the top about 1' wide down the windshield support

3) A quarter-size spot on the trunk

I asked a good friend of mine who owns a bodyshop and he said that 1 pint of paint is enough to fix it all.
Damn car has 4.10's, H-pipe, Flows, Tri-Ax, Eibachs, good stereo (with amp, sub, and 10-disc changer), new coil packs, 155lph pump, brand new radiator, and more I'm sure.

keebs888

Established Member
I wasn't trying to turn this into an ad...... :bash:

But do you guys think that it would be hard to trade this car for a fox?

LocoGT

Banned
keebs888 said:
I don't have any pics of the damage...but all that needs to be done is

1) The rear bumper cover

2) A strip on the top about 1' wide down the windshield support

3) A quarter-size spot on the trunk

I asked a good friend of mine who owns a bodyshop and he said that 1 pint of paint is enough to fix it all.
Damn car has 4.10's, H-pipe, Flows, Tri-Ax, Eibachs, good stereo (with amp, sub, and 10-disc changer), new coil packs, 155lph pump, brand new radiator, and more I'm sure.
Mods won't help the value sorry

LocoGT

Banned
keebs888 said:
I wasn't trying to turn this into an ad...... :bash:

But do you guys think that it would be hard to trade this car for a fox?
Depends on the fox you want. I don't think you'll get a 93 Cobra in trade for it unless you are the one giving cash. Maybe if the 93 you are after has high miles you could do the trade though

keebs888

Established Member
I get the impression that having any paint defects on the mystic DRASTICALLY reduce it's desirability. Geez....I should have gotten a goold ol black one.

Users who are viewing this thread