Am I burning up???

Bowlegz

Established Member
Guys, as you all know I am a rookie in the Lightning game so here goes, when I stomp down on the gas ( Like I always seem to do ) I smell something burning coming from the exhaust. This only happens at wot! Now last week I poured a bottle of seafoam into the gas tank, could it just be that I'm burning carbon deposits, or trash out of the system. Should I be worried? Am I burning up the truck? :burn:

203Cree

Established Member
Just the cats bro. They always stink. Stink more when you go to highflows. Even worse when you get rid of them all together.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Does it smell like burning oil? If so, you may have the Ford head gasket weepage "mod." Basically, faulty head gaskets allow for a small amount of oil to pass the gasket surface. The drivers side will collect in the timing chain cover, but the passenger side drips on the manifold/header and burns off. According to Ford its not detrimental to performance or longevity of the motor. Its not too uncommon, if this is what your experiencing.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Does it smell like burning oil? If so, you may have the Ford head gasket weepage "mod." Basically, faulty head gaskets allow for a small amount of oil to pass the gasket surface. The drivers side will collect in the timing chain cover, but the passenger side drips on the manifold/header and burns off. According to Ford its not detrimental to performance or longevity of the motor. Its not too uncommon, if this is what your experiencing.

My 06 FX-4 leaks from the Valve Covers, and off warranty now to:rollseyes.

Users who are viewing this thread