AM BAMA tunes

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Linn, you are welcome! =]

also, i absolutely agree...this DOES show e-tuning to be a VERY viable option for a tune...and ESPECIALLY for those that need a good tune, and arent able to get to a dyno tuner (due to their location, etc). as long as the tune is coming from one of the reputable e-tuning places (BAMA, Amazon, John Lund/Lethalperformace, etc), then there should be absolutely NOTHING TO FEAR. does the tune NEED/HAVE TO be checked on a dyno? NO. does it ensure safety, and add a piece of mind? SURE.

one thing i know for sure, is this... if i lived in an area where i was NOT able to go to a dyno to get a tune verified, and i had the option of either A.) just ordering a handheld programmer, and running one of the "canned" tunes (ie: predators 91 octane pulley tune)...the very same tune that comes in ALL of the handhelds from the manufacturer...kind of a "one size fits all" type of tune...OR B.) ordering a handheld, from a reputable tuner, and having it come with an "etune" that is built to MY vehicle, with my mods. i would (and WILL from now on) definitely go with option B. from what i saw/learned from this test/experiment, is something that i had always heard anyway, but this just confirms...that canned tunes from the manufacturer suck!! lol i will never run one again.

Last edited:

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
you are welcome! it was a great, interesting, and fun experience. i would definitely do it all over again. =]

hopefully the - "thanks to people who like to always try to get shit for free" was not directed towards me. im sure as you have seen, from reading the other thread, that i never asked (or even so much as hinted) for ANYTHING...and especially for free. it was however offered to me, so that AM/BAMA could prove their tunes to be everything they say they are....and of course, i accepted the offer.

nope, not directed to you at all. turns out people would get single tunes on 3 separate occasions, then on that 3rd tune, demand to be put in for the 'tunes for life' program and bitch until they got their way. was happening way too often. shit sucks because i only need the one tune to hold me over until october. then on goes the posi port, ported plenum and tb. Chris, hook me up man! i am begging to pay you money. lol

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
oh, i see. thanks for explaining! =]

well....if worse comes to worse, you could always get tunes for life....that way you would have your tune for now, and then once you got the posi-port, you could just have them write you a new tune.

just a thought

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Will the Tunes for life Cover Blower Modifications? I don't think they would cover changing over to a whipple. I would love to posi port mine in the next year.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Will the Tunes for life Cover Blower Modifications? I don't think they would cover changing over to a whipple. I would love to posi port mine in the next year.

I can't speak for Bama's policy on that, but I do know that Amazon's lifetime tunes are regardless of what mods you do. I have had them since my car was only pullied, then ported, and now Whippled, and they sent me revised tunes every time I changed anything. This is really important for someone like myself who changes stuff more often than actually driving the car!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member

maybe AMChris can confirm this, but im pretty sure BAMAs "tunes for life" includes any mods you do to the car....but once you change CARS, at that point, you would have to buy back in to the tunes for life. so basically "for life" means for as long as you have that car.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
on their website, it specifically says that the tunes for life program won't cover the major changes, ie: ported blowers, bigger blowers, etc.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
im not saying the website DOESNT say that...but im not seeing anything that says that. what i DID find tho, says this... (cut and pasted)

Offer valid for customers who originally purchased an SCT or Diablosport Trinity custom tuner from AmericanMuscle.com. BamaChips customers who purchased an SCT or Diablosport tuner, or custom tune files, are also enrolled in the Free Tunes for Life program for continued support by Bama Custom Tuning. Please contact us when you would like to order new free tunes, at (888)226-9764

Certain modifications must be tuned at your local DYNO tuner. In order to custom tune for these mods, visit SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel! to locate a dyno tuner in your area.

Unsure if we offer tunes for your modifications? Check the list below. If you still have doubts, please give us a call at 1-888-226-9764!

Examples:

Non-Mustang Cars.
Pre-1987 Mustangs. (Speed Density Mustangs).
Heads or Cams on 1996 to 2004 Mustangs. (We do offer tunes for 1996-1998 Mustang GT’s with PI heads stock injectors and MAF.)
Carbureted Mustangs.
Non-Stock type Fuel Injection
Non-Stock Forced Induction on 1987-2004 and 2011 and up. (Ford Racing Whipple, Roush , Edelbrock and Saleen are OK on 2005-2010.)
Nitrous Tunes OVER 100 Shot.
Non-Factory Style Crate Motors. (Direct replacement style OK.)
We do not offer tunes for motor swapped car unless they are the same year and PCM as factory, or PI swap on 1996-1998 Mustang GT’s with stock injectors and MAF.
Major Engine Work. (Compression Ratio Changes, Stroking.)
Non-Gasoline Race Fuels. (Alcohol, Nitro Methane, Rocket Fuel, Moonshine, etc.)
Centrifugal Superchargers on 1987-2012 Mustangs.
Non Ford Racing fuel injectors (if you have fuel injectors other than ford racing, please contact us to see if we can tune for your application.)
Upgrades that will result in poor drivability. (X-cam, fuel injectors too large etc.)

Only the original car tuned for device is eligible for the Free Tunes for Life program. A new car will require you to buy back in to the Free Tunes for Life program. Please contact us at (888)226-9764 for more information

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
it DOES say "non-stock forced induction", but then goes on to mention, ie: whipple, etc.. doesnt really say anything about ported blowers....although, im sure the ported blower would fall under the "non stock forced induction". =/

black 10th vert

Established Member
it DOES say "non-stock forced induction", but then goes on to mention, ie: whipple, etc.. doesnt really say anything about ported blowers....although, im sure the ported blower would fall under the "non stock forced induction". =/

Well, that could be a deal breaker for a lot of folks like myself that change stuff on the car more frequently than changing underwear! As far as I know, Amazon has no such restriction, only that it will void your lifetime tune if another tuner messes with the tune they send you, or something to that effect.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i can see how that could be a deal breaker to some. looks like it may be a deal breaker for AznStanger3v as well...unless chris ends up doing a single, for him.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
ok so you said something about u loading the tune from your diablo? i called today and they said they only do sct...correct me if im wrong

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
BAMA might only do SCT tunes, im not for sure. im pretty sure i saw on their website that they tune for both...but...if that is what they told you on the phone, then i would go with what they said.

as for our (BAMA and my) experiment... i did/do have a diablo tune, that i compared against the BAMA tune. however, my diablo tune was/is nothing more than a "canned" diablo tune, that comes with/in all diablo-predators (unless you order a predator with CUSTOM tunes). the tune used was diablo's - "91 octane pulley tune" , which is meant for 12 - 14lbs of boost. the tune comes automatically loaded into the diablosport predator, along with just a "91 octane performance tune"...which is meant for stock boost.

Users who are viewing this thread