aluminum radiator repair?

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
im looking at buying a fluidyne radiator from this guy thats used. heres what he says.
94-95 Ford Mustang Fluidyne Radiator (Manual Transmission), Looks good, All fins look good, however it has two small leaks, one is a very small crack in the weld on the end tank, and the other is where one of the outside fins meets the end tank, any competent radiator shop should be able to fix this. Otherwise it is a good radiator.
now my question is anyone know if this sounds like it can be fixed by a radiator shop? i asked for some pics of it where it is leaking if he can see it. let me know

Whats he selling this used radiator for? Because if you factor in what it will cost to repair + what you paid for you might as well get a perfectly new one. I personally would not buy a used radiator. Thats one component that you should not be getting cheap with.
*If you go to RockAuto.com you can find the following OEM like radiators for the following prices below for your 95 GTS. You can also send a PM to the Tousley Ford 10% discount guy who I'm sure will get you a heck of a deal for an OEM radiator. Forget repairing a busted radiator.*

VARIOUS MFR Part # FO3010113 {#F4ZZ8005C}
all; Assembly
Choose Quality: Standard
$78.79 $0.00 $78.79

SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # CU1488 {#1488}
$95.79 $0.00 $95.79

PROLIANCE Part # 432356 {#1488}
$97.89 $0.00 $97.89

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
see thats the thing I dont want an OE radiator. I going to get a fluidyne 2 core aluminum one either way and this one will cost me around 35 40 bucks then I have to get it fixed. Im thinking getting the leaks repaired woulded be to expensive at all since they are very small holes. Think its worth it for that price. Anyone know around how much it would be to fix 2 small leaks?

You better hope you take it to a good welder. If aluminum isn't welded properly, you will definitely get cracks all over again. Thats why going with a brand new one is the only way to go. That just isn't a part that you do on the cheap, IMHO.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
oh ok...I was getting one either way just figured I could save some money and get the same thing....well I guess ill be going with a new one then. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread