Aluminum Racing Radiator 5.0 94-95 SN-95 Cobra 5.0 - NEW

cChrisM

Cobra Builder
Established Member
SOLD!!!!

Aluminum Racing Radiator 5.0 94-95 SN-95 Cobra 5.0 - NEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm selling a brand new racing radiator, that has never had water or coolant run through it. I bought this radiator for a project car in hopes of trying to make it fit. But no luck (filler neck in the wrong place), I didn't want to half ass a radiator install. So my loss is your gain. I want this gone! Here is what I think is an inferior product from Fluidyne for $389.99 http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/FHP-20A95MU

Dimensions: 29" wide x 15" high x 2 3/4" deep, core is 24" wide, filler neck is 2 1/4" high.
2 ROW Radiator

Ford Part #: The first number was manual tran specific F4ZZ-8005-B then it changed to the auto/man number F4ZZ-8005-C

Here is some of the info that came with it:

C&R Visteon High Performance Aluminum Radiator, - Manual Trans

C&R/Visteon Performance Radiators have an edge over the other performance radiators because they are built by racers, for racers. They are developed in conjunction between two automotive powerhouses, each with their own strong features. C&R Racing, a company that makes radiators for every type of motor sports: circle tract, Indy, Off Road/Baja, Drag, etc. From their highly specialized facility in Indianapolis, IN, C&R also offers the racing industry custom machine and metal fabrication services. Nearly 30 years of Indy car chief mechanic experience and over 50 years of hard core racing experience help guide company operations. Combine that with Visteon Engineering's (originally a Ford owned supplier, now an automotive OE supplier to across the world) super high quality production techniques and testing know-how, you'll see this level of expertise results in performance radiators of unmatched excellence.

Enthusiasts and racers everywhere will welcome the engineering and craftsmanship that go in Visteon Performance Radiators. They provide superior performance, offer a flawless finish and require less installation time.

Designed for hardcore racing and ultimate street performance, Visteon Performance Radiators are handcrafted using highly engineered racing cores and heavy gauge 6061 aluminum stock-just like the radiators used in NASCAR. C&R/Visteon Performance Radiators are made with HUGE advanced technology dual row 56mm racing cores. The tanks are fabricated by hand from die-cut, aircraft quality polished aluminum, and feature beautiful hand TIG welding. Designed for direct bolt in to factory mounts using all OEM Style hose connection points. Every model is assembled and tested for superior heat rejection. Quality made in the USA!!! Fairly straight forward install.

DSCF0012-5.jpg

DSCF0013-4.jpg

DSCF0014-3.jpg

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
interested in the radiator as i may also use it for a project in my 01 with my turbo setup. Do you mind taking some overall measurements for me and how high the filler neck comes up? thanks

drew

cChrisM

Cobra Builder
Established Member
interested in the radiator as i may also use it for a project in my 01 with my turbo setup. Do you mind taking some overall measurements for me and how high the filler neck comes up? thanks

drew

Dimensions listed above:

Dimensions: 29" wide x 15" high x 2 3/4" deep, core is 24" wide, filler neck is 2 1/4" high.

cChrisM

Cobra Builder
Established Member
if that one dosnt work for you mishimoto offers a 3 row for 3bills

Thanks for your kind comment, but keep in mind the following:

Radiator Rows ....the Myth

There is a widespread misconception of the value of multiple rows in an automotive radiator.

It is first necessary to understand how a radiator cools an engine. The basic law of physics "cold absorbs heat" applies. The hot coolant from the engine flows into the inlet tank of the radiator and flows through the tubes to the outlet tank. the heat of the coolant is absorbed by the fins which are colder than the coolant. In turn, the colder air passing through the fins absorbs the heat from the fins. The fluid, now cooled flows back into the engine and absorbs the heat from the engine and goes back through the radiator to be cooled

The tubes in a radiator do not in themselves lower the temperature of the coolant. The tubes only serve to bring the coolant to the fins which dissipate the heat into the air passing through the radiator core. The cooling capacity is determined only by the total surface area of the fins in contact with the air passing through the core. The thicker the core, the higher the cooling capacity of the radiator.

The maximum size of brass tubes is 5/8" because of the physical properties of brass. If the tubes were made larger, they would not be able to withstand the pressure and would "balloon" and eventually rupture. The number of rows is determined by the core thickness. Cramming extra rows into a particular core thickness has no advantage and actually decreases efficiency as the surface area of the fins would be reduced.

Aluminum radiators are now being used in 99% of today’s new vehicles. The copper/brass radiator is on the verge of extinction.

Because of the strength of aluminum, larger and wider tubes are now possible, allowing a higher volume of coolant to come in contact with the fins. A 1 inch aluminum tube can carry more coolant than two 5/8 inch brass tubes. Another property of aluminum, because of its strength over copper, is that the fins can be thinner and more fins can fit in a given space.

In conclusion, when determining how efficient a radiator is, only be guided by core thickness and fin density (fins per square inch).

Users who are viewing this thread