Aluminum block

DJT03GT

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a aluminum block I would like to sell. Its supposed to be out of a 96 lincoln mark 8 I believe, with 6XXXX miles on it. I was gonna build a big bore but used the money as a down payment on a new toy. Prefer local sale only. So you can inspect it yourself because im no expert. I live in south jersey. So I could meet anyone in Jersey, eastern PA, delaware or even Maryland. Im asking $300 or best offer. Thanks for the interest. [email protected]

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
is this a Teksid?

will it work for a 99 cobra? different mounting? i dont know much about these

cory

SVTowner2B

Established Member
yes it's a teksid and yes it will work in a 99 cobra... I just bought a 94 markviii motor to get the block. Great deal with the way prices on these are now.

DJT03GT

Established Member
Thanks SVTowner, as far as I know it is and will work on your car. I believe some early 99 cobras actually came with a similiar version of this block. I was planning to use it in my 03 GT.

HouseOfPower

just to let you guys know the mark teksid blocks are not the same as the cobra teksid production blocks...yes it's still an aluminum block but they weren't built to the same specs or tolerances

DJT03GT

Established Member
Correct, they are slightly different then 99 cobra blocks. But I believe they are just as strong as 96-98 Cobra blocks. If there are differences please inform us.

DJT03GT

Established Member
I guess, whats the best way to ship a block? Im assuming UPS ground. Is it best to strap it to a pallet or skid, or does it need an entire create?

Users who are viewing this thread