Aluminum 4bl intake manifold

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Can anyone identify this manifold? Casting #'s are RF E3ZE 9425 FD, aluminum, not a spread bore, factory intake. Looks like a 5.0 from early 80's. Has 83 cast in in a circle underneath, not sure if this actually is the year or not.

John

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
From what I've gathered this is probably off an 83 GT and is similar to an Ebelbrock Performer. I've had this thing for years from when I worked in a machine shop and it was never picked up by someone who had us clean it. I'm cleaning out the house to get it on the market and found it in the basement. It's headed for the dumpster unless someone wants it.

John

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
FastFwd said:
From what I've gathered this is probably off an 83 GT and is similar to an Ebelbrock Performer. I've had this thing for years from when I worked in a machine shop and it was never picked up by someone who had us clean it. I'm cleaning out the house to get it on the market and found it in the basement. It's headed for the dumpster unless someone wants it.

John

By the E3Z part number, that does sound like an 83 GT intake. That intake may have been used on the 1984 GT also, I'm not sure. For what it's worth, that is the first year that Ford used a 4 barrel on a Mustang since 1973, it is the first year Fox body to have a 4 barrel, those cars are now 20+ years old and people are restoring them. That "might be" a good piece to put on eBay. I would guess many of the factory intakes went in the trash and an aftermarket replaced it. Now 20+ years later the people restoring these cars are scrambling to find a correct parts, intakes, etc. because the aftermarket stuff is worthless, infact they are point deductions for some Mustang Club of America judging. You might get a good bid on it, and then again, the right person may not be surfing eBay that week. 5.0 Restoration Parts might be a good place to call and see if they know of anyone in need of this "one year, possibly two year only" intake. What is the condition of the threaded holes, therm. housing area, etc?

Robert

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Robert M said:
By the E3Z part number, that does sound like an 83 GT intake. That intake may have been used on the 1984 GT also, I'm not sure. For what it's worth, that is the first year that Ford used a 4 barrel on a Mustang since 1973, it is the first year Fox body to have a 4 barrel, those cars are now 20+ years old and people are restoring them. That "might be" a good piece to put on eBay. I would guess many of the factory intakes went in the trash and an aftermarket replaced it. Now 20+ years later the people restoring these cars are scrambling to find a correct parts, intakes, etc. because the aftermarket stuff is worthless, infact they are point deductions for some Mustang Club of America judging. You might get a good bid on it, and then again, the right person may not be surfing eBay that week. 5.0 Restoration Parts might be a good place to call and see if they know of anyone in need of this "one year, possibly two year only" intake. What is the condition of the threaded holes, therm. housing area, etc?

Robert

That's good to know. Maybe I'll look into doing that on eBay or checking with them over at 5.0. I'd rather someone make use of it rather than just throwing it away especially if it would help someone out finding a part that's getting scarce. The manifold is in excellent condition it was soaked in cold parts cleaner to clean it up back when I worked in the machine shop and never picked up. It's got dust on it from sitting around my basement since the early 90's that's about it.

John

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
FYI: I got $75 for my 83 4bbl intake on e bay over a year ago. Clean it up and you'll get a good penny for it. The 85's changed the EGR passage some. So someone wanting a specific part for a restoration wouldn't want that on their 85. Although it will work fine on any 83-85 4bbl car with the EGR plate. A spacer has to be used to block the EGR passage if the EGR plate is not used.

Users who are viewing this thread