Aluminum 1 piece driveshaft

Tyler72

Established Member
Has anybody swapped their stock heavy ass 2 piece drive shaft to an aluminum 1 piece set up? I am looking at doing a dynotech because it doesn't require you to change the yokes on the rear axle.

Can you tell any noticeable difference in the way the car drives? Feel more powerful, engine braking seem better? I did some shopping around and can get one for right at $700 shipped and would be willing to go for it if I'll notice a decent improvement.

mycroft

Established Member
I have a DSS carbon fiber shaft, can't say whether or not I feel a difference but it's definitely a pretty good chuck of rotating mass you're losing.

86Fbody

Established Member
I am sure several are, whether or not they are on here, bossmustangsonline, TMS, or boss302forum, is not known.

65sohc

Established Member
I just ordered one today from Lethal Performance. They extended their Memorial Day sale through today so you save 10% (75 bucks).

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
Got my AL shaft last year from lethal w/ 10% off too. I think it's worth every penny. You can feel a slight difference, and now you have a shaft that can handle 900+ HP, way more than I will ever need. Eliminated driveline clunk I would get on my sloped driveway. Easy install too with the DSS design.

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

Btm_Fdr

Have had 1 piece driveshaft from Axle Exchange for 8 mos on 2012 Boss.Can feel diff. in launch.Awesome product & customer service from AE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread