Aluminator

2face

Established Member
Ok i talked to someone from buyfordparts.com about the Aluminator S/C crate engine.... $ 6,500.00 free delivery to my door :banana: asked about the timing cover clearance issue, HE said that was 1st run issue and yes it has been fixed. Anybody know of other issues to be aware of ? i will do the install and swapping of the kenne belle 2.6L,clutch,etc.etc.etc.. oh almost forgot NO CORE RETURN !!! i can keep my original block and heads!!!! with no XTRA charges :rockon:so help me out COBRA OWNERS...thanks

Dirk

Established Member
I'm happy with my Aluminator so far, but have only 1500mls on it.
Can't wait to install my whipple.
I just hope the Aluminator can handle high speed runs.

2face

Established Member
so you had no issues that is awsome thanks for the info did you do the install? also how about the head cooling mod? is this needed i have it on my old heads i seen they just came out with a braided hose with swivel ends looks better than the 1st ones

not me man i know better yes i have done a few but its not recommended

I see no point either. I actually stopped doing 5th gear pulls recently because I was starting to worry about the pistons swelling up too much. Besides, there's nothing to prove. I recently took down a new M5 with a 1-4 pull to redline and it was an incredible moment pulling him by an approximate 3 car lengths. That satisfied me big time and my Cobra purrs like a kitten at idle.

SVTBMG

Banned
I was thinking about the Aluminator but for pure weight saving. After looking into it on one website that lists the weights of the alum and iron blocks it seems the alum SC block weighs almost the same as the iron. Can anyone confirm this? I would love to take 80lbs off the nose with one of these if it is possible with the block swap.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Get a Teksid block for around $300. Call a reputable engine builder and get his advice on what parts suit your needs and budget.
You should have a block that can handle 1000hp easy with a good tune.

Dirk

Established Member
I reused the cooling mod on the Aluminator, but I guess it's not needed because of the new head design.
The only problem during the installation is that you need a new "tubing" for a vent hole in the engine block underneath the blower. I guess you could also close that vent hole.

It's not possible for me to slow down at 120mph when a BMW or Porsche races me on the Autobahn.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was thinking about the Aluminator but for pure weight saving. After looking into it on one website that lists the weights of the alum and iron blocks it seems the alum SC block weighs almost the same as the iron. Can anyone confirm this? I would love to take 80lbs off the nose with one of these if it is possible with the block swap.

The Aluminum block is about 70-77lbs lighter than the iron block.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I reused the cooling mod on the Aluminator, but I guess it's not needed because of the new head design.
The only problem during the installation is that you need a new "tubing" for a vent hole in the engine block underneath the blower. I guess you could also close that vent hole.

It's not possible for me to slow down at 120mph when a BMW or Porsche races me on the Autobahn.

I had hell with my aluminator and ended up going through the entire bottom end due to FRPP's idiot mistakes. If I had a chance to do it all over again I would have went with my second choice and done like Jeff (hissman) is doing.

on the aluminator you will need to grind down the boss on each side of the valley to get the blower to fit and will need to make your own pcv fitting for under the blower. it can be capped if you want to run breathers on each valve cover (tree huggers wont like that idea).

good luck!

Dirk

Established Member
You'll have to grind down the boss on each side of the valley only if they have used a non SC block on your engine. They used non SC blocks on a couple of engines because of the high demand of the Aluminator.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
You'll have to grind down the boss on each side of the valley only if they have used a non SC block on your engine. They used non SC blocks on a couple of engines because of the high demand of the Aluminator.

yeah the blocks start out the same but s/c motors should have the boss ground down. Not having the boss ground down already on my motor gave the idiots at the frpp help line a helluva time. Getting them to tell me that it was okay to grind those down in order to get the blower to fit was like pulling teeth. Then the whole improper crank position.............:bash:

2face

Established Member
i was told that the issue with the dampner hitting the timing cover has been resolved, 65lb weight diff between iron block and aluminum block.this is the first i heard of the vac tube under intake. is the vally not deep enough? must be an easy fix. any thing else to be aware of thanks again

forcefedcobra

Established Member
i was told that the issue with the dampner hitting the timing cover has been resolved, 65lb weight diff between iron block and aluminum block.this is the first i heard of the vac tube under intake. is the vally not deep enough? must be an easy fix. any thing else to be aware of thanks again

frpp is saying they have fixed the issue on all new motors being produced.:poke:

the valley on the aluminator is considerably thicker than the stock cobra motor. you will need to make your own pcv fitting and maybe even have to grind on it a little to make things fit.

P1010067.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
What fitting did you use? Part number, etc. Any info will be great. My engine is arriving tomorrow from Modular Performance. Thanks! Also, just reconfirming that the stock engine mount bolts will work well with this block?

-Jeff

2face

Established Member
ok thanks for the pic i see now, yeah is there anyway to find out if its a new build or not? or new block? also where did ya get it? how much? how long ago? tell me all that info PLEASE thanks

2face

Established Member
yes PLEASE let us know all the little snags if posible. i was told direct replacement!!! dont want to get into it and oh no i need this!!!! thank you

Users who are viewing this thread