Aluminator valvetrain issue?

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Update: problem solved! Was a ridiculously loud Alternator bearing failing. Thing vibrates so much it could be felt in the valve cover. After taking cover up and everything being normal, took drive belt off and eliminated sound.

Hey guys my car has an Alumintaor crate with about 2-3k miles. Car has ran great and puts down great numbers and up until now hasn't had an issue. Went to run an errand in the car the other morning and discovered a new noise that I could even hear in the cab over the JTrim. No matter the operating temp, it's a tapping/humming sound/vibration coming from the front of the Drivers valve cover for sure. When I place my hand on it it almost feels like contact with it around the front sensor. The crate still has about 4-5 months of warranty through Ford Racing that I'm hoping they'll ok, my question is what does this sound like the problem is or resembles on these cars? Anyone here had luck with a Ford Racing warranty claim?

Last edited:

DrTriton

Established Member
Hard to say what it could be - they will most likely have you remove the cam cover and visually inspect the valve train before authorizing anything.

I wouldn't start it until you have looked inside.

JTS_7

Established Member
Sounds like driver side primary tensioner. Had a customer with the same issue.

Also could be the water pump there is a TSB for both, dependent on build date of actual engine.

Users who are viewing this thread