Aluminator information needed.

D.T.R

Established Member
Ok guys, the twins are here however im still waiting for Ford to call me amd tell me that the auto 2014 is ready to be picked up. Well I originally had in mind to take the stock motor apart, and have a local machine shop build it up. I even have bnib pistons, rods, bearings, etc..(all of soon to be listed for sale) but I changed my mind and decided to go with an aluminator only because I want to minimize down time. Plus ive been working 60+ hrs a week so my time to wrench is kind of limited having also amother car to wrench on. Well while looking at the 2 types of aluminator motors I've found some differences on their descriptions. First of all, I would like if possible stay with 11:1 as um trying to avoid any kind of turbo lag. But while checking every site that offers one for sale I noticed that it appears that the 9.5:1 motor comes with the upgraded oil pump. None of the links listing a 11:1 aluminator mentioned anything about the oil pump?
Then another difference I noticed was that some of the links for the 11:1 motor had arp2000 rod bolts listed while some others links didnt? So does the 11:1 motor come with arp2000 rod bolts or not? Does it come with an upgraded oil pump or billet gears? None of the links for the 9.5:1 mentioned arp2000 rod bolts. There is also a $300~ difference between the 2 motors.
I should be able to run the 9.5:1 motor with the modified front cover still, correct, even though ill be turbo? It also says that it comes with manual trans injector harness and flywheel. how do I go about that since im automatic?
And lastly, where did you guys buy yours from? Who sells them at them lowest price?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I believe alex went through most of this on here, the 11:1 motor does not come with billet oil pump gears, only the 9.5:1 does.

Also I believe they all come with the arp2000's.

D.T.R

Established Member
I believe alex went through most of this on here, the 11:1 motor does not come with billet oil pump gears, only the 9.5:1 does.

Also I believe they all come with the arp2000's.

Dang it. I guess ill go with the 9.5:1... I kind of thought that was the reason why the difference in price.
So I guess I should be fine with the modified front cover?

I guess the good thing about lower compression is that it might allow me to hit my goal of 800whp on pump 93. Ill use race gas for the other map on kill mode.

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
Why not swap out the gears for a set of billet ones before you stick it in. Also call autonation ford (new name for tousely ford) and see what their quote is. If I remember correctly they were quite a bit cheaper. Look on here to see you to talk to.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would stick with the N/A version and just install a set of billet oil pump gears in it. Everyone from what Ive heard regret's getting the supercharged version.

What modified front cover are you talking about?

-Thomas

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Why dont you just change the oil pump gears out of the higher compression motor? These cars run better with higher compression.

csb85

Established Member
I would stick with the N/A version and just install a set of billet oil pump gears in it. Everyone from what Ive heard regret's getting the supercharged version.

What modified front cover are you talking about?

-Thomas
This is in the description on the frpp site:
Front cover is modified for Ford Racing Supercharger Kits
For applications not using a Ford Racing Supercharger Kit, stock timing cover must be installed.

jojobee

Established Member
Not sure if you're interested in that option but i had contacted Brenspeed and for less than 6k out the door they remove youre engine and install a nib aluminator. Your old engine stays with them. I find its a pretty good deal since you dont have to sell your old engine.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Not sure if you're interested in that option but i had contacted Brenspeed and for less than 6k out the door they remove youre engine and install a nib aluminator. Your old engine stays with them. I find its a pretty good deal since you dont have to sell your old engine.

$6k for motor and labor? And they keep your stock long block?

-Thomas

jojobee

Established Member
$6k for motor and labor? And they keep your stock long block?

-Thomas

Absolutely.
The only reason i havent done it yet is that theyre 10h away and that im not sure a built forged bottom end isnt better than just an aluminator.

Last edited:

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
I have an 11:1 Aluminator. I put a set of TSS oil pump gears in it. It isn't too much work, really.

D.T.R

Established Member
I have an 11:1 Aluminator. I put a set of TSS oil pump gears in it. It isn't too much work, really.

and I already have some MMR billet oil pump gears :shrug:

Being that I've never taken one of these motors apart, how hard is it to do with the motor already out? take oil pan off and then... ?

D.T.R

Established Member
So anybody in here runs the 11:1 aluminator motor with boost, and makes a decent amount of power with it?

grnenvy

Established Member
The Aluminator is a pretty stout motor and many have had good luck with it but the pistons can be better. There's know question that a billet short block from MMR, Livernois, L/M is better if done right. I feel if I'm spending big $$$ to do a motor I'm going to do it right the first time. The Aluminator is very convienent and almost a complete package but I think it falls short. I'll be building a motor very shortly and I know its tough not to look at the Aluminator with all its good parts. My problem is I don't believe it can withstand years of abuse but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
The Aluminator is a pretty stout motor but the pistons can be better. There's know question that a billet short block from MMR, Livernois, L/M if done right. I feel if I'm spending big $$$ to do a motor I'm going to do it right the first time. The Aluminator is very convienent and almost a complete package but it falls short. I don't believe it can withstand years of abuse but I could be wrong.

For the 800-1000whp range i'm aiming at, I think it'll be fine. I am not trying to break records, or go after Evolution/Beefcake lol
What info do you have on the pistons not being that good, or the motor falling short ?

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

I have been doing a lot of research and talking to reputable engine builders. The one engine builder I have known for 20 years and has built me a couple Renegade motors back in the day. When he tells me something I usually listen because he's right. There have been piston failure with the Aluminators both versions. The oil pump gears are know biggie u can change them out. For me I don't want to install another motor in my car and have to worry about the pistons or a certain HP level like I do now with the stock motor.
But for most the Aluminator will be fine.

For the 800-1000whp range i'm aiming at, I think it'll be fine.
What info do you have on the pistons not being that good, or the motor falling short ?

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member
I have been doing a lot of research and talking to reputable engine builders. The one engine builder I have known for 20 years and has built me a couple Renegade motors back in the day. When he tells me something I usually listen because he's right. There have been piston failure with the Aluminators both versions. The oil pump gears are know biggie u can change them out. For me I don't want to install another motor in my car and have to worry about the pistons or a certain HP level like I do now with the stock motor.
But for most the Aluminator will be fine.

Thats my situation and why i havent jumped on the aluminator already.
MMR for 3700$ $ some extras for arp2000 & billet gears seems like a good deal.
I looked at Livernois but they are much more expensive imo. Maybe the machining work they do set them apart.

Users who are viewing this thread