Aluminator FAILURE

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well at least it sounds like there's a possibility they'll make it right. Really sorry to hear this BS from Ford, they need to straighthen this out ASAP and take care of everyone or they'll find the bad news will spread fast.

Iron Fist

Established Member
Doomsday, thanks for posting this; sorry to here about the engine. That is a real disappointment, I know I won't be installing an Aluminator when I get around to doing an aluminum block.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Sorry man, but I doubt any company would pay for the removal of the motor and the reinstall.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
I think if it was due COMPLETELY to the failure of the builder, im fairly confident that any reputable shop would without much doubt. I know for a fact that the shop thats installing mine would have had they built it, but i wanted the "unconditional 12month 12000 mile warranty+ So much for that huh?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
if they won't pay labor for something that is so obviously their fault, they should fly a tech out with the new crate motor to perform the swap. pay a rental fee to the shop where the work is performed

it totally sucks for anyone affected by this, but thank god for the internet and how quick this type news spreads. Are you listening, ford? I guaranty one of your crate motors will never go in this vert. :nonono:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Honestly ford sucks, I knew it from the beginning. Just couldn't help myself, cobras are just too damn sexy. I got too admit your gettng screwed. But at least your helping others, not too make the same wrong decision. I already knew if my motor failed I would have it rebuilt, locally. Personally I couldn't imagine going with someone that built our motors with 3-4 spark plug threads, bad piston clearances, cooling issues in 7, 8. I figured if I had too build it I would build it too my specs. Good luck and keep us updated.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
So basically whoever is building the crate motors need to pay more friggin' attention to their high-dollar engines and less time trying to rush them out the door. Checking endplay is a basic engine-building principle that I do 100hp Hondas, let alone 500+rwhp Cobras. Shit man, that is rediculous.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
wow sorry to heat the problems..
Hope this gets sorted out ASAP..

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Mistakes were made, they should make it right w the labor costs. Not to mention loss of use. Need to find out who is building those and bad mouth them also imo. Probably not ford just some contracted place.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
:lol: I agree, but seems like ford aint into fixing their problems. I mean they even admitted that they have had a few gone bad. Come on 20 minutes after start up.

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
Holy Cow! :kaboom:

And to think I was going to get one shipped to Australia one of these days. Now that would be an RMA with a "phone book" dollar figure attatched :uh oh:.

Nice work Ford, way to top of a legend :nonono:

Daniel

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Sorry about your problem hopefully they will take care of you.
From experiance I say to try and find a builder close to where you live so if you have problems you can deal with them face to face. When I need a motor I'm going to deal with Al Pipitto directly. Mail order motor's are dangerous

sighwest

Established Member
I'm in the process of having my aluminator short block installed in my car. What are the acceptable end play tolerances on the crank?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I would for check end play and clearances if I had one before I fired it up. Per Shm book crankshaft end play is .006 to .012 for a 4.6. I doubt it but consider a new 3v alum block was never used for a 03 based engine. Maybe the front machined to a different spec. than teksid or iron? Or there has a bad batch of crankshafts like the 2g dsm had for their crankwalk issues. Or thrust bearing saddle dimension width isn't the same.

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Damn I feel so bad for you guys. I was so excited about this engine and I was planning on getting one next year for myself but unless they completely fix this issue HELL NO!

Users who are viewing this thread