Aluminator engine problem?

Dirk

Established Member
How many of you had the crankshaft end play issue on the Aluminator engine and how much money did you get to have it fixed?

Dirk

Established Member
The engine is a year old with only 3k mls on it.
There was no rubbing of the front pulley at the beginning, in December they’ve told me my engine wasn’t effected.

It looks like the FRPP warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

There giving me that bull….:

Attached is a copy of the engine warranty.
This issue falls under the workmanship category.

They have given me the go ahead on $500.00 good will to Gene Evans who then can pass it on to you.

I have no clue what that means, in Germany it’s against the low to sell broken stuff, here it seems different.
Or is Ford just making it up?

I’m still negotiating with them, having there assembling error fixed will cost me around $2000.

I invested $15000 in my Cobra last year and I don’t care much if I have to pay for things I break, but I don’t like fixing Ford problems and how they tread customers is bad business .
I have to see how things get settled, I only drove Cobra’s for the past 15 years and all of a sudden I’m not that interested in buying a 2010 Shelby anymore.

A Z06 or a M3 is also a nice ride.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Strange, but Ford is usually so good about doing warranty work. :shrug:

As long as you don't remove the engine from it's packing crate, it will still be under warranty, but as soon as you unpack it, (God forbid you should install it), then you're on your own.

BTW, I didn't know they wrote the warranty on a piece of paper. I thought they etched on a withered soul with sheep's blood.

Sorry for your troubles, especially since you're out of the country. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread