Alum. FLy wheel any one have anything good/bad about them

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Your car comes with an Alum. F/W already.. Get teh fidenza one it's awesome, you can replace the center section instead of resurfacing..

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Please correct me on this if I am wrong but I thought I read somewhere that you could purchase just the friction plate and a hardware kit. The rivets on the stock fly wheel could be drilled out and the friction plate replaced with the new one and hardware?

VincodeY

Established Member
if you are sticking with a full faced disk, go ahead with the aluminum. If you are using a puck style, on off clutch, save yourself some grief and get the steel.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
my spec is the puck style and you can remove the plates from the flywheel via some bolts very nice unit and no problems at all

zinc

Established Member
the friction plate from fidanza doesn't match the stock bolt pattern by the way so dont try and get around it. Do it right the first time get the aluminum flywheel and then you can swap the friction plate for $50. I heard the steel reduces chatter though

Stupercharged

Established Member
how much does the fidanza flywheel weigh in comparison to the stock flywheel? who sells the lightest weight flywheel?

Users who are viewing this thread