Alucard's Build Thread

Alucard3600

Established Member
This thread is more or less for me to keep up with my car from bone stock 2004 silver GT, to a built car. I will be hopefully completing it next year, but I have a decent start on it so far.

Stock Front End
MustangGTF.jpg

Lowered with Raxiom Halo Lights
MustangGTLights.jpg

Build List so far:
SCT Livewire TS from American Muscle
Steeda Lowering Springs
Steeda Bump steer kit
Steeda Tie Rod Ends (the stock ones where fried when I got it)
K&N FIPK Cold Air intake
Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust bought from 2blackstangs

Last edited:

Alucard3600

Established Member
Stock Exhaust
[youtube_browser]GAMRTgUHMp4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust
[youtube_browser]Fy6WB4mrmOw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Alucard3600

Established Member
I want to turn my car into a Saleen S281 s/c clone, more for my amusement and fun than for anything else, its just everything else I have questions about. I am wanting to get a 2.1 Kennebell Intercooled Supercharger, I also want to get the Trickflow Wedge Top end kit. My question is, Will both systems work well together or is it one or the other?
My car is also an automatic with the 4rw75(I think was in the 04's instead of the 70 i could be wrong) transmission, I am wanting sub 500 hp, My other question is,should i keep the auto trans and build it up OR buy the t-56 magnum 6speed trans thats around 3k? I will be need some of yalls advice as I go along so feel free to chime in helpful tips/advice.

Stuff I intend on buying:
Here is the parts I'm wanting to get in the future
Trick Flow Top End Engine Kit
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ustang-46L-Trcik-Flow-Top-End-Engine-Kit-38CC
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
kenne bell 2.1L blower Intercooled
Cobra R big brake kit upgrade
Saleen S281 body kit
Saleen Extreme Style TruFiber heat extractor Hood
Saleen Chrome 18x9 Wheel set
Saleen Side Scoop set
Billet Interior Pack

If I stick with the Auto trans I will buy the auto overhaul kit,transcooler,valvebody upgrade, along with some other things.

Last edited:

Bullitt3011

Established Member
This will be a cool build when its done man, but with that top end and kenne bell, your going to need to totally build the entire bottom end of that 2v

98 Roush

Established Member
Yeah you'll need a forged bottom end fa sure with anything over 400+. If you looking to only make 500wrhp you really dont need those trick flows (but it will help) just get your pi heads ported with some blower cams and upgraded springs with 14-17psi on a kenne bell with a forged bottom end you'll hit 500+ no problem

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Yeah you'll need a forged bottom end fa sure with anything over 400+. If you looking to only make 500wrhp you really dont need those trick flows (but it will help) just get your pi heads ported with some blower cams and upgraded springs with 14-17psi on a kenne bell with a forged bottom end you'll hit 500+ no problem

I agree, probably no need for the TF topend kit, if you put a stronger rotating assembly and push enough boost through it, should be too hard to reach your goals, and save you alot of money that way.

-Garrett

98 Roush

Established Member
Im confused on your exhaust sound clips cause the stock clip sound louder then the flowmaster clip:shrug:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Built bottom end + return style fuel system would be better (now) than the Trick flow top end kit.

I'd also scratch the 2.1 and get a 2.6. The 2.1 will really limit you.

I'd never get a kennel bell but if you're dead set on getting one, I'd go for the 2.6L

Alucard3600

Established Member
Ok, as far as building the bottom end what all does that entail? I'm new to the whole building engine stuff, I've been googling the crap out of stuff to try and figure out the best route to start at and I think I've confused my self more than helped lol. Oh and as far as the sound goes I'll have to do another vid it doesn't sound right there. But what do you think about my transmission question?

Alucard3600

Established Member
Oh and another question, about the blower cams and ported heads, I'm doing this stuff as I get money/time because of how my job is, so lets say I did get that done, can it still run na until I find the money/time for the kb or does it have to be all together at one time.

Alucard3600

Established Member
Would this MMR Shortblock rated to 600hp, be good, and should I get the upgrade to Boss 302 option? I was looking into the forged bottom end like you all suggested, and this seemed the easier, albet more expensive option that might be better in the long run from what I can tell.
MMR 4

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Get something with a forged crankshaft. Buy one of MMR's shortblocks with a forged crank in it. You don't need to upgrade to the boss block, I don't think you should even spend the money for it.

All you need is to get your transmission built, a stall convertor, an aluminum driveshaft, and 3.73's. Plus a built rear axle - 31 spline diff and 31 spline axles. You'll need control arms too. Stock stuff is useless with boost.

You can run the car NA but you need to get it tuned in order to run it NA. If you install the trick flow top end kit without a tune, your car will run like crap and not be reliable. Better to do everything at once, then get it tuned. Don't half ass anything, you'll end up spending more money.

Alucard3600

Established Member
Last edited:

98 Roush

Established Member
Get something with a forged crankshaft. Buy one of MMR's shortblocks with a forged crank in it. You don't need to upgrade to the boss block, I don't think you should even spend the money for it.

All you need is to get your transmission built, a stall convertor, an aluminum driveshaft, and 3.73's. Plus a built rear axle - 31 spline diff and 31 spline axles. You'll need control arms too. Stock stuff is useless with boost.

You can run the car NA but you need to get it tuned in order to run it NA. If you install the trick flow top end kit without a tune, your car will run like crap and not be reliable. Better to do everything at once, then get it tuned. Don't half ass anything, you'll end up spending more money.

+1 get a shortblock with a forged crankshaft. I would get 750se 4.75 shortblock has I just recently picked up one myself from MMR. Also on black friday MMR has killer deals on there shortblocks so that will be a good time to buy one and they also have a layaway plan you can do which you have up to a year to pay it off.

98 Roush

Established Member
Ok, and yea I figured I needed the control arms, I'm glad I am looking at getting another DD because it looks like to do most of this stuff my Mustang will be down for a while. What do you think of this, the guy has a full s/c cobra engine, with trans,ecu,gauge cluster and everything for 11k.
2003 2004 Mustang Cobra 4 6 V8 Engine T56 Transmission DOHC Supercharged Motor | eBay

That would be sweet but that's alot of work and money imo, alot of shop time = alot of money plus you would need a new k member I believe and would have to pass smog inspection. If money ain't a issue this would be a badass swap. (15k for a swap like this)

Users who are viewing this thread