Alternator died - fixing the tick

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Well the alternator on my Terminator died yesterday, stranding me in the middle of a busy intersection. First the radio shuts off for no aparent reason. WTF? Then the traction control light comes on. Then it starts to hesitate. Then it dies. Won't turn over. Wait five minutes, starts up, goes 100 yards, dead again. Obviously an alternator.

Luckily Ford includes towing service in their warranty. A flatbed showed up within 1/2 hour, dropped me off at my house, and towed my car to my dealer of choice 20 miles away - Team Ford in Marrieta, Georgia. Was after hours, so the dealer called me at 7:02 a.m. - right at the opening bell. They let me get a rental from the closest Enterprise car agency - 2.2 miles away. Enterprise came to my house and picked me up to get me a complimentary rental car - a beautiful blue minivan.

Confirmed bad alternator. While the car is there, I had them check my "tick" and they agreed the heads needed to be replaced under warranty, even had them in stock. Remember this same dealer installed my exhaust, chip and pulley.

Added at my expense 4 new Eagle F1 GS-D3s, an alignment, oil change, brake pads, smaller pulley, chip reburn, and maximum motorsports full length SFCs and caster-camber plates - all work to be done while driving my paid rental.

Will get the car back next week. Major Kudos to Team Ford. A great dealer and masterful performance shop.

Users who are viewing this thread