Alternator, again? I just did it 3 months ago!

M4_ELITE

Established Member
So last night I noticed a bit of a whine when I started my car up, didn't think much of it... After driving on the highway, went to the city and noticed all the lights in the car started getting dim... First I thought it was my eyes, but after a bit the damn ABS light came on, radio was turning on and off.. Typical alternator symptoms... I pull over, shut her down and check the batter, voltage is ok. Start her up after a few mins, starts up like a champ and is charging the battery...

I replaced the stock alternator with another stock alternator, remand from ford this summer... My battery on the other hand is original and i've been wanting to replace it just because of its age... Other than the alternator, anything else that could be causing this problem? or should i just order another alt this week.

Btw my radio is aftermkt, and i also have Sirius hooked up to it. That's it.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
I think you should replace the battery , clean all related connections(battery and alt.) , then see how alt. reacts to the replacement and go from there. Just my opinion.

M4_ELITE

Established Member
I think you should replace the battery , clean all related connections(battery and alt.) , then see how alt. reacts to the replacement and go from there. Just my opinion.

Yea just thinking about it I think I'm the idiot who put the new alternator under a lot of stress with the old battery. I think i recall seeing the bat light blink when starting the car past few weeks and wasnt sure if that was normal or not...

thelpb

Established Member
Welcome to the club~ I've owned my 04 for 5 years and just put in alternator #18.

Users who are viewing this thread