Alright, who listens to classical

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
When I say Classical, I'm grouping in actual classical, romantic, and neo-classical in there as well. If you do, is there anyone you listen to a bit?

For me, I like Strauss (Richard and Johann II), as well as Tchaikovsky. For the neo-classical/romantic category, it's Samuel Barber, who every one would know for Adagio For Strings, which is used in Platoon, and was played after the deaths of President Roosevelt and President Kennedy. Kind of a funny thing about classical is it actually works rather well when driving hard. It just clears my mind, makes me relaxed, and allows me to concentrate, or zone out, whichever I feel like doing at the time.

nj7703

Established Member
Mozart for "pop" classical
Bach, if i feel like hitting something

Overall i am partial to Spanish classical, Flamenco (it's in the blood)

Isaac Albeniz
Joaquin Rodrigo
Manuel de Falla

Ohh yeah, Paco De Lucia is God.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Yeah I like all the various instrument arrangements. Especially the skin flute.:eek:

I knew you prefered to play something with your mouth:eek:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Rachmaninoff's 3rd concerto. His etudes are good when you are feel like hitting something. Liszt etudes are some of my favorites. He was just a show-off. Chopin's polonaises are good too. They just plain kick azz!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
You mean the Misfits aren't classical music?

I had to take a music appreciation class my first year of college. Most boring class in the world. I have to say that baroque period of "music" is by far the worst. Even the "chants" period was better.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Classical is good for 2 times:

1. Studying

2. Relaxing

It makes me think better or relax. However I got a REALLY funny look then I first got the Cobra back in 2002 and drove up to a stoplight blasting "Fanfare for the Common Man". I guess it just didn't fit.

camaross0002

Established Member
I like pretty much like all kinds of classical. It calms me down after a crappy day at work plus a few drinks help to.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
Originally posted by CarpetCityCobra
Classical is good for 2 times:

1. Studying

2. Relaxing

It makes me think better or relax. However I got a REALLY funny look then I first got the Cobra back in 2002 and drove up to a stoplight blasting "Fanfare for the Common Man". I guess it just didn't fit.

I agree. I've had the same experience the other day. In bumper to bumper traffic that the 210 is very well accustom to and Classical music was the only thing holding me back from lightin' the tires on the freeway and going insane. Mozart is my fave.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Wait, is Orff's Carmina Burana considered an opera?

That makes for great music in street racing videos for announcing the mods on the Goliath car. I can't stand classical on CD, but on a record, it is heavenly. Dunno why, but that's how I like it. Something about the sound of a record, not to mention it's hard to get Caruso recordings on CD. I can't stand Bochelli though. He sounds like someone poked his e... nevemind. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread