Alright New Yorkers, planning a visit, need advice

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Title says it all, need advice :read:

So I'm going to be heading up to NYC with my girlfriend the 27th and staying till the 30th. It's a fairly new relationship (2 months) so I'm constantly trying to think of new ways to impress her. Yeah Yeah, I know, I'm a :loser:

Anyways, shopping is going to a big part, but of course I'd like to take a day to just go out and see *some* of the sights. She's been there before but not to Empire State, Central Park zoo (huge animal lover), and science museum (she is somewhat into that type of thing). SO those are gonna be possibles... Plus I thought I'd take her to the Serendipity restraunt. I hear the dessert is killer, and yes because of the movie ( :loser: ) Probably do the carriage ride as well.

Anything else you might could suggest?

thanks everybody :rockon:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Go ice skating under the tree, that will get you some points. Times square, if you want there are a few good bars on 59th and 2nd..Sutton Place and Metro 53 are good. Keep in mind any place you go to eat, on a weekend will be like a 2 hour wait, so call ahead.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
MattNCSU said:
Yeah Yeah, I know, I'm a :loser:

Sure right about that....:lol1: Just joking man! You must really like this chic if you're traveling with her already only 2 months in! Is she fittin' the bill or are you? :pop:

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
I actually came back from NYC this saturday (day trip) and I can tell you that the Central Park Zoo looks to be kind of lacking (keep in mind i didn't go in though, just looks small and you can see some animals from outside). Rockefeller was PACKED to the brim, but Trump's ice skating rink in central park wasn't too bad, just a small line. ALOT of designer stores if you walk south along 5th, 6th, even 7th. Times Sqaure is really crowded but all the stores are built to amaze and they are amazing, so take a look inside too. Some museums are lined on the side of central park like the Met, Guggenheim (sp?) and some other one around the middle of the right side (sorry i'm not from new york and dont know streets well). Definately call ahead for restuarants because at 5:30 it seemed like a 2 hour wait for the most popular. Don't forget to check out store displays at Sak's and Macy's (Sak's is better, cuase it's not freakin polar express) and there's a big mall too, but forgot where that is.

PS..Leave early, leave late or early too - my mustang can an inch (no exageration) from being crunched by a bus where i was in the lane and the bus was trying to merge (he was at my door too) . Good Luck and have fun!!

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys :)

Yeah I forgot to mention ice skating. I'm sure that will be fun since I've never ice skated in my life. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread