Alright, found another, 97 SVT, take a peek!

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Gentlemen,
I found another cobra alot closer to me. I am about to buy the 95 I have been looking at for a week but then I found this 97 with only 64k miles bone stock. Opinions please, 5.0 or 4.6??? I could go get this one this weekend. The salesman is out test driving it right now and taking some pics of the engine bay and underneath. I ran a carfax on it and it came back clean minus one accident to the front. It was not major or anything like that, no total loss or salvage title. Clean title. The salesman I am talking to had a 97 cobra himself and that should account for something. What do you think? Here is the link to the 97:
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/..._on=n&advanced=n&color=&first_record=26&#main

And here is the 95 again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2484407976&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Help me decide.................Thanks Frank

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I would get the 97. Stock for stock the 97 is a faster car. 9,999 is a good price for 64k miles, especially if you can get him down a little.

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
oh man, if the 97 is anywhere close, i would choose the 4 vavle. its well worth the little more money just to get a newer car, with low miles, and plus, LOOK AT THE HOOD LOL.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I vote for the 97 as well. For roughly the same price.... you're getting a newer car. I'm partial to the mod motor myself. They both look nice, and I'm sure you'd be happy with either.

Josh

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Alright, got a bunch of pics of the 97 and it is rough. Looks like whoever put it back together did a terrible job. It has quite a few scratches on it which are deep enough not to be able to buff out. My bud I work with has a brother near that dealership and he just got back from looking at it. It has been ragged pretty hard. So looks like this one is out. I found another 97 in MI that I called and talked to the guy about. He needs to get rid of it bad and it only has 32k miles on it. What do you think a good price is for it? I have a number in mind but want your advice, thanks, Frank

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
It's my opinion that the price on the first '97 was kind of low! Looking around E-Bay and Auto Trader-On-Line, a '97 should be selling for around $13 or 14k. If it's much lower, there's a reason ... I came across several '95's on E-Bay, searching "95 Mustang Cobra." Try that same search for the '96 and the '97.

Someone isn't just going to step-out from under a Cobra, at a low price, for no reason at all. jmo

EDIT - 4:29 ...

No '97's or '98's listed on E-Bay search that I mentioned.

1 '96 listed, but it's actually a GT, with Cobra parts on it (clone). Beautiful paint job on it, though - blue, with ghost flames.

Last edited:

Brad Azz

Go Browns!!!
Established Member
I paid $13,000 for my 1996 with 17,725 miles on it over a year ago. It is mint and I have not had one problem with it.

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Well after seeing pics and running a carfax, I am off to MI in about 3 hrs. Can't wait to get it. It is going to be one hell of a drive though but I sure it will be worth it. I went to Mapquest and looks like I have a 762 mile drive ahead of me. I will let you know how it goes. 97 red w/tan with 32k. Can't wait. Frank

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Well I am back, was up for 40hrs straight. The car was spotless, I am so pumped. I can't believe it is in such great shape. I couldn't even wait a day to get some 2 chambers put on. I went straight out and got some flowmasters installed, LOL. Man it sounds so mean. I will post some pics up first of the week. Thanks for all the help! Frank:rockon:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread