Alright, another Boost controller ?

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Well, switching the controller to external wastegate mode seemed to have worked. I left the controller on auto mode and my first run the controller only went to 10psi, the second run hit 13.3, my third run hit 14.6, and my last run hit 15.7psi on a setting of 16psi. The instructions said it would take a few runs for the controller to dial itself in.

Here is my question. My pillar mounted boost gauge only showed 10psi on all the runs, even though my EBC is showing nearly 16psi. Why the difference? Which would be correct? I'm not sure where the pillar mounted gauge is reading boost, and I assume he EBC is reading it from the turbo or wastegate. I'm just wondering which is right.

Before hooking up the boost controller my pillar boost gauge was reading 16psi with both those springs in the wastegate. Now I only have the 9lb spring installed and that seems to be what the pillar gauge is reading.

My thinking is the EBC is reading it before it goes into the intake and my Pillar gauge is reading boost in the intake. Do you think my BOV is bleeding boost?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

can you trace the vac. lines from the gauge and controller?

the controller has 3 parts. the solenoid that is mounted in the engine bay, the brain which should be in the car and the display which is what you see and make adjustments. the brain has a port for a vac. to be hooked up. in general, there is a wire harness from the soleniod to the brain, then brain to display. the brain has a power and ground wire and the vac line.

you can trace the wire from the display to find the brain and then the vac line from the brain to see where it is hooked up. same with the gauge.

for the BOV, you can put some of those washers in to "strengthen" up the spring rate and reduce the possible boost leak.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
can you trace the vac. lines from the gauge and controller?

the controller has 3 parts. the solenoid that is mounted in the engine bay, the brain which should be in the car and the display which is what you see and make adjustments. the brain has a port for a vac. to be hooked up. in general, there is a wire harness from the soleniod to the brain, then brain to display. the brain has a power and ground wire and the vac line.

you can trace the wire from the display to find the brain and then the vac line from the brain to see where it is hooked up. same with the gauge.

for the BOV, you can put some of those washers in to "strengthen" up the spring rate and reduce the possible boost leak.

Yea, I traced all that and it seems to be hooked up correctly. I'm going to try to add some shims to the BOV. Hopefully that will also fix that flat horsepower curve I have at 5100 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread