Already half answered but...

Dark_Knight7096

Cursed By Fate
Established Member
Just wanna make sure, I was reading the FAQ and this question is half answered already but i just wanna verify.

To throw a Whipple onto an otherwise stock Gen2 (cai and bassani mid/catback right now) I would need to upgrade the fuel pump, injectors, and MAF as well as getting a tune correct?

What type of gains do you think would be seen by doing this? Would you advise this or would you advise goin the other route and just doin lower and the other normal mods?

Dark_Knight7096

Cursed By Fate
Established Member
Yes to all of the supporting mods and see sig for benefits of Whipple on a stock block.

Stock Lower/Big Ass upper
-460hp/520tq @ 12.5 PSI

all you have is the whipple on that? what are your quarter mile times?

Would I have to do any internal mods other than what i specified pistons etc?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
all you have is the whipple on that? what are your quarter mile times?

Would I have to do any internal mods other than what i specified pistons etc?

I have no internal mods to my engine as of yet.

Normal mods that most everybody has. Cat back, E-fans, MAF extender, injectors, Whipple CAI, SCT chip and tune.

1/4 mile times where crap so I would not rely on them to be accurate. I was not tuned for altitude that I ran at and I am not happy with my tune to begin with so until I get it re-tuned this spring and get to the track I really don't know what it will do.

Exdecuk

Established Member
Eric,with a sweet truck like that you can just park it and still be more than happy :D

Last edited:

Dark_Knight7096

Cursed By Fate
Established Member

Normal mods that most everybody has. Cat back, E-fans, MAF extender, injectors, Whipple CAI, SCT chip and tune.

1/4 mile times where crap so I would not rely on them to be accurate. I was not tuned for altitude that I ran at and I am not happy with my tune to begin with so until I get it re-tuned this spring and get to the track I really don't know what it will do.

might have to do that

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

I know someone who can tune it for ya :D :p

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I know someone who can tune it for ya :D :p

I bet you do.:rollseyes

I already have my new tuner picked out and I guess we will see if the rods stay inside the block over the summer.

I knew that this would happen...............need more power and whine.:rockon:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I bet you do.:rollseyes

I already have my new tuner picked out and I guess we will see if the rods stay inside the block over the summer.

I knew that this would happen...............need more power and whine.:rockon:

of course I do :D

As long as I can keep my motor together once the MP goes on...for maybe a year then Im good. But then again I am really debating on not breaking into the motor untill this thing is paid off!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If you can afford to do a Whipple, then go for it. On my stock longblock I put down 501/582 with my daily driver tune. I went a best of 11.46@119 on my race tune. 60# injectors, SCTBA2400 MAF, Walbro 255 pumps, and of course a good tune. Be prepared to build your engine though, because anything can happen, even with the right supporting mods.

Dark_Knight7096

Cursed By Fate
Established Member
If you can afford to do a Whipple, then go for it. On my stock longblock I put down 501/582 with my daily driver tune. I went a best of 11.46@119 on my race tune. 60# injectors, SCTBA2400 MAF, Walbro 255 pumps, and of course a good tune. Be prepared to build your engine though, because anything can happen, even with the right supporting mods.

yea that's the only thing i really don't wanna blow up my engine up and have to replace it any time soon. I want something that will be relatively safe and then in the future when i can just go completely built do that then. So long as the tune is safe and i don't try to be greedy this should be fine right?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
yea that's the only thing i really don't wanna blow up my engine up and have to replace it any time soon. I want something that will be relatively safe and then in the future when i can just go completely built do that then. So long as the tune is safe and i don't try to be greedy this should be fine right?

Nothing is 100% certain. You could blow it up with just a pulley. Sometimes stuff like that happens. Rods get stressed, get weak over time, who knows? But you "should" be just fine as long as you take it easy and have a solid tune, no fuel issues, etc. Mine lasted.

Dark_Knight7096

Cursed By Fate
Established Member
Nothing is 100% certain. You could blow it up with just a pulley. Sometimes stuff like that happens. Rods get stressed, get weak over time, who knows? But you "should" be just fine as long as you take it easy and have a solid tune, no fuel issues, etc. Mine lasted.

Yea figure the most healthy person could have a heart attack it's just those weird quirky things i know what you mean. I just gotta figure out what to buy at tax return time the 2.3 or the 3.4 :pepper:

todd abbott

Established Member
I made 490 HP on my street tune, 510HP on my race tune, stock converter, full JDM exhaust, stock block plus all the supporting mods you mentioned, street tune, perfect day, 11.99, I might make the track 3 times a year so I'm far from a track rat, I agree with the above be prepared for the worse, guys lose motors with far less power but the key is in the tune, get a dyno tune by someone that knows how to tune a Lightning, period, good luck. T

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
The way the Whipple makes its power is much more enjoyable than the Eaton. Depending on how aggressive you go, you can expect anywhere between 430-500+ RWHP with the stock block. Its largest advantage is how the power curve almost flatlines once it makes its peak HP, as opposed to the Eaton falling of drastically due to its inefficiency.

No times as of yet for me, but hopefully I'll make it to the track tomorrow night and be able to make an 11 second pass or two... my biggest obstacle will be myself :-D. I've never ran at an actual track, so...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread