Already got some stuff for my 2003

fangstang

Established Member
I should be getting my T-56 tri-ax shifter this week in the mail. I'm gonna transfer my o/r x-pipe from my current cobra and I also have 4.10 gears sitting under my bed. I'm hoppin to have these installed within the hour of the car being in my possesion. Just have to get a speed calibrator and am going to get it dyno-tuned.
I think I'm gonna get the FR-500 exhaust for this thing, and sme long tubes, yeah!:coolman:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I Just got my Tri-Ax today...Boy is it nice..:D

Hey your O-R Xpipe have a place for the o2 sensor, or do you get a check enigine light after you installed? I want to get one, any thoughts?

kwiksnake

Established Member
I don't think your h-pipe will work with the new T-56. If I'm not mistaken, the ones for the R model were different from the regular Cobra just for that reason.

fangstang

Established Member
I have those MIL eliminators on so the light does not go on. You can re-use the O2 sensors. I have an off-road BBK X-pipe on and it really wakes the neighbors up! This thing now sounds like it should. The upper rpm power is amazing(starting at 4K-redline). Since ive installed this pipe back in october, no one, I mean no one wants to approach me, never mind race. People just pull over to the other lane when they hear me coming and I'm not a crazy careless driver what so ever! I think its money well spent, I have never had the car dynoed, but, I think I got atleast 10-15 hp from it. The car revs easier, goes into gears easier, take my word for it, get one and you'll see! You'll be smilin all day, every day:) As far as fitting in the new cobra w/ the t-56, I dont think there will be a problem, remember, the R has side pipes so the pipes run different for that reason. Plus, it has to do with the large fuel tank that the R had side pipes. Nothing to do with the tranny.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
As far as fitting in the new cobra w/ the t-56, I dont think there will be a problem, remember, the R has side pipes so the pipes run different for that reason. Plus, it has to do with the large fuel tank that the R had side pipes. Nothing to do with the tranny.

I don't think the sidepipes have anything to do w/ the X pipe do they?... maybe I'm wrong though.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Lockout switch for reverse?

The instructions for the Tri-Ax say you have to install a 12v switch to engage reverse! What is the deal with that? Anybody?

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Re: Lockout switch for reverse?

Originally posted by Cobra'03
The instructions for the Tri-Ax say you have to install a 12v switch to engage reverse! What is the deal with that? Anybody?

I think this only applies to Mustangs that didn't have a T56 as original equipment. Your '03 Cobra should not need this modification.

Users who are viewing this thread