alot of questions related to fuel delivery and air

Darufe

Established Member
Ok. So here is where I currently stand:
Hellion twin turbo system with id1000 injectors, kb boost a pump, offroad x pipe, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
Stock motor
Many other mods that have no real importance for thse questions (suspension stuff and weight loss mostly)

Now im getting ready to do my motor order with mmr.

Im getting a promod 1500 longblock with boss heads upgraded valvetrain (thinking stage 2 turbo cams)
Billet oil pump etc

This is a jack of all trades master of none kind of build. It will see some drag some street some road course and maybe even some drifting. (All on diff wheel/tire/susp settings)

I need a full return style fuel system for this. Ive gotten alot of stuff through lethal performance and have a decent amount of pts left over. But im open to any online place.

Im also wondering as far as intake manifold and throttle body what to do.
And I doubt my id1000 injectors will be enough on full boost.

How much power before I need bigger injectors?
Has anyone tried (succesfully) to put a cobrajet intake on a tt setup and keep a strut tower brace? (Not a dedicated drag car remember?)
Maybe with lower motor mounts? (Although I think that might cause problems with the steering column)

I like the idea of the cj intake and tb as from what I gather you dont sacrifice midrange like the boss intake.
The stock intake will surely have flow issues at 8000rpm+

Im open to suggestions here....

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Seems most are making safe power in the 900 - 1000 RWHP range on E85, maybe a tad more room on gasoline. I don't see the need to spin your engine to 8000 rpm with a turbo, I would consult MMR and/or lethal though.

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
I have a lethal kit. It was more labor then I believe it should have been. The wiring harness connectors did not match the fuel hat connectors & none of the fuel hat was assembled. I spent a lot of time installing Delphi connectors and soldering/heat shrinking wires on the fuel hat. It is all great quality components once it is all sorted out though...

Darufe

Established Member
Anyone else wanna chime in? Im probably gonna buy a fuel system on labor day sales comming up so any insight on wich to get would be apreciated.
As far as id1000s go if you can do 900-1000hp on e85 im assuming you could easily go for 1100-1200 on gas? (Just assuming here since you consume about 30% more fuel on e85)

Would you guys go for a dual injector setup and keep the id1000 or upgrade to bigger and sell the id1000?
E85 isnt available in my area :/ (then again id be happy at 1200ish horse at the wheels anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread