alot of oil in the throttle body

93notchstang

Established Member
i just recently got a 97 gt with a p1sc the car hasnt been tuned and they have the pcv system plumed into the blower intake tube and the car has alot of oil around the blower and the discharge tube as well as in the intake i was thinking that the blow by may be forcing the oil into the intake tube and sucking it through the engine and also the car runs like crap im sure with all the oil it has contaminated the mass air since its set up as blow through and possibly causing a miss at anything under 2500 rpms? i thought id get some of your opinions

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Have you recently cleaned and oiled your Air filter? Why is your PCV hooked up like that?

Last edited:

93notchstang

Established Member
thats the way procharger said to route it but no i have not oiled the filter trust me thats not the problem i have re routed it to a catch can and there is a ton of blow by so im thinking i may have a cylinder down im gonna run a compression test here in a few days and see also its pullied for 12lbs and it will only make 5 max

Novice

Established Member
I had the same problem with my set up. All though I don't have a blown motor I fell victim to oil in my TB going down then leaking out my Air Filter. We corrected the problem by installing the Oil Splash guard plate. We failed to noticed my Holley System max lower intake manifold didn't come with one already installed. It came with two rivets and went right into the ower lmanifold. There was no more oil leaking out of the TB or Intake pipe after the Splash guard install. We thought it was the pvc but wasn't. Good luck on your find dude.

Users who are viewing this thread