ALMS + Grand AM merging?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Don't F with the ALMS GT class. They have a lot of direct factory support, so don't rock the boat. If anything, make the closest GA class meet their specs.
in all likelihood, GTE will remain 95% untouched. they might slow them down by about a second or so and speed up the DPs by a few to get a bit of a gap between them(they both run similar lap times right now), but they certainly won't be doing anything to negatively impact the class.
GA GT in all likelihood will be merged with ALMS worthless GTC spec class, and the specs will likely be updated to match FIA GT3 while keeping GA's prep 2 tube chassis option.
overall, i'm expecting these two GT classes to be an absolute powerhouse in the world of GT racing. i don't think europe will be able to rival this. but the prototypes is where the biggest changes will be seen. considering that they are the weakest classes in both GA and especially ALMS though, i'm not concerned.

Racer's Edge for a few races and Farnbacher-Loles but Greg Loles got arrested and he screwed the team and a whole bunch of drivers, suppliers, and others out of money. The shop that was in Braselton, GA near Road Atlanta is now home to Kurgan Motorsports. The old white support hauler that carried spare parts and pit equipment used to sit behind their shop, but last time I was by that way it was gone.

Followup: Farnbacher Loles team owner charged with $10M fraud
nice! i worked for michael shank racing for a little bit, got to work the '11 24hrs of daytona. kicking my own ass every day for not calling him up and asking if they needed any help for the '12 24:bash: lol

that's pretty crazy about farnbacher-loles, i never heard about that but have been wondering about what happened to that team.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Don't F with the ALMS GT class. They have a lot of direct factory support, so don't rock the boat. If anything, make the closest GA class meet their specs.

You gotta figure that this new group knows better than to f--- w/ Corvette Racing and BMW Motorsport. Those two operations alone will bring w/ them a HUGE fan following i.e., CA$H cow. Since those are programs which have every intent to continue racing at Le Mans it should be a given that the rules package will favor that eventuality.

It would be wonderful if Ford had a product up their sleeve waiting to be showcased in the GT class sometime in the near future(ie 1 or 2 years from now). As long as ALMS GT is as it was I'll be happy.

I think you'll see the BOSS 302 adapted to compete in the new formed GT class.

That would be great to see and would likely mean the continuation of the Boss 302 after the '13 model year, something I've been wondering about if Ford would go "two and out" like w/ the original Boss 302.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I think you'll see the BOSS 302 adapted to compete in the new formed GT class.

They'll need some serious BOP equalizers for it to compete. It would have to be done without ticking off the class regulars. Team Viper is struggling with that right now.

I think they stay in the lower Conti series.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
if ford ever fields a competitive GT effort, it'll likely be in GA rolex GT and built under prep 2 tube chassis rules.

and, for the record, the rick ware racing mustang that is currently running in GA rolex GT DEFINITELY doesn't count. no ford support, small nobody team, and *from what i've heard* their mustang is a pretty shitty car as far as build quality goes(but that could just be hearsay). if true, it shows on the race track.
if we do ever see ford run rolex GT or ALMS GT, i'm sure they'll enlist multimatic to develop the car for the first year or two.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
It would be nice to see the 24 of Daytona in the WEC like in the old days with the WSCC

I agree in order to stay with the ACO GTE will have to stay the same or extremely close to it

Users who are viewing this thread