Almost wrecked the Cobra!

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
well i just installed my longtubes, coilovers, tubular a-arms, tubular k-member and 90/10 drag struts. I went to the track thursday night and when I hit 3rd gear my car was like it was on ice. I have no idea how i didn't hit the wall, but somehow i didn't. I went out again and was slipping and sliding the whole way down the track. I had to go up to 18 psi in my tires which caused me to spin out of the hole, but not down the track. I cut to times of 11.78 and 11.74 spinning out of the whole. have you guys had this happen to you. when I spun out i was running 14 psi in my mickey thompson et streets.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
sounds like you just caught a stroke of luck. My car is slow so it never reaches anything close to that

Last edited by a moderator:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
+1 i havent had any severe problems like that aside from the very first time i ever tried to run at the track... with no idea what i was doing really aside from taking my car down that pass. I basically dumped the clutch out of the hole and got a good look at both of the walls and everything else by the time i finally got her under control. every time i let out i tried to smash back into it and off we would go again for another ride. kinda wish someone had that on video cause i bet it was pretty funny LOL.

Glad you made it out ok and that you were able to get a lucky hand of cards in that situation.

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
Well i have mine on video but don't have a firewire connection to transfer it to computer. Mine was fine out of the hole and in 2nd gear it was when I went into 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread