Almost totaled

JMD0346

Established Member
Hey guys. Havent been around for a few weeks. Wrecked my baby a few weeks ago and havent felt like even looking at hotrods lately. Long story short it left the road with me after i got on it a bit. Hit some trees and did some good body damage. Im against street racing and acting stupid on the street. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary but it had other ideas. I did have bald DR's. What sux is the next morning I came home(stayed at my moms that night)and my new DR's were sitting on the porch. Damnit!

Had it checked by a friend who is a State Farm certified shop and they say its not near as bad as it looks. Its all body damage and not frame damage. Should have my girl back soon I hope.

14,500 in repairs. Car was valued at 21000 by State Farm. So i just did make it as far as not getting totaled.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Glad to hear you're okay. Sometimes these beasts have a mind of their own. Best wishes getting her back on the road soon.

Common

Established Member
Sorry to hear, but it's good as long as you're ok. Cars come and go.............

mkb116

Established Member
$14500 in repairs.... Not as bad as it looks? Dam! Glad your alright.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I was having some fun on an entrance ramp earlier and it got all squirrelly in third gear. I was worried for a second but after it whipped side to side It got traction. There wasnt any room around me for a mistake so Im glad I didnt lose control. My 555rs coming in the mail on monday :burn:

JMD0346

Established Member
$14500 in repairs.... Not as bad as it looks? Dam! Glad your alright.

LOL Yeah. Its all body and paint work. Also the airbags and windshield. The frame, engine, suspension are undamaged. I guess thats what they meant by" not as bad as it looks". AFter the body is replaced itll have to be repainted fully im sure so that has to be a good deal of the cost. I paid 400 bux to get the bumper repainted once. I cant imagine what the whole car while be. LOL

Main thing is the shop says it will be repaired like it never happened. Im gettin my baby back !!!!!!!! Woohooo!!!

Thats me E-Excited.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
yeah, i have to ask, why drive with dr's on the public street? i try to get the best road tire i can find since our stangs suck in rain\snow\oil

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
good thing you came out walking! no use in getting injured in a car wreck, especially if its not something EXTREME(!!!) like a 90MPH power slide beside a concrete wall or something.
I would let them total the car, but that just me.
i concur.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Glad to here you made it out unhurt...I have almost lost it a few times here with my Nittos...

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
yeah, i have to ask, why drive with dr's on the public street? i try to get the best road tire i can find since our stangs suck in rainsnowoil

I didn't see any mention of rain or snow and in dry conditions, a 450-500rwhp car is going to be safer to drive with DRs vs. street tires. In my old pullied '04 Cobra the car would lose traction from a 3rd gear roll with 295 Kuhmo MXs, which are pretty decent tires. THAT, IMO, is not safe. Now rain and snow? I won't argue that DRs aren't the best for that.

Glad to hear you're okay. I'd consider letting them total the car, but it's clear you're very attached to it.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
so your car mysteriously flew off the road? Just try to be extra careful out there. I'd hate to be going to work one day and then get creamed by some car. I know shit happens sometimes, but everyone I know that mysteriously flew off the road, were actually fooling around. These things can be avoided, despite popular belief.

Don Juan

Established Member
so your car mysteriously flew off the road? Just try to be extra careful out there. I'd hate to be going to work one day and then get creamed by some car. I know shit happens sometimes, but everyone I know that mysteriously flew off the road, were actually fooling around. These things can be avoided, despite popular belief.

Well he did say he got on it a bit, so we can guess he did some "spirited" driving before losing control, or at least tried to.

Users who are viewing this thread