Almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stamper01L

Established Member
OK, I placed my order on 07/29. For the longest time the system said scheduled build week of 09/02. Now it says as of 09/03 the vehicle is locked in to be build week of 09/02 with an estimated delivery to your dealership week of 09/09. :D :D
Is this the general concensus?? How accurate are their estimates? I guess that I'm not that far away so I might get it on time hopefully. I hate waiting. :beer:

KingKobra

Established Member
It's really a hands-up, non-garanteed delivery date... but I don't wanna piss on your wheaties... just don't get too excited cuz it sux when you get the call that says, "SVT pushed back the build date" But, then again, you just may get it on time! Either way, I had to wait several more weeks and wait was killing me! But man, It's worth every day!!! Wait till you are driving to the dealer... I was screaming my lungs off, "I"M GOING TO GET MY COBRA BABY, WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!" I was nutz!

stamper01L

Established Member
Yeah KingKobra I think that I will be screaming too. I'm also getting a black coupe. Iv'e crossed the days off the calendar and I cant beleive I made it this far without exploding. This car better be nice :)

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Get This

Dude, you don't have it bad AT ALL. I put down a deposit on February 17th (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT) and I've been waiting over 6 months, the dealer dropped the ball and ordered on May 12. :bash:

Soooo...we will be getting our cars at the same time, even though I placed an order, technically, back in February. The car I'm driving was supposed to only be temporary. Yah Right. :mj:

Silver 03 Cobra

Dang Joe, I thought you had your 03 already. Look at the bright side, you still have the excitement of going to get it ahead of you. I already have 6k miles on mine. I put 1500 miles on it last week going to Fla. I got 19.9 mpg with 4.10's running 85 mpg on the interstate. I finished my last mod for a long time installing a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in my a-pillar pod. That was the hardest mod I have ever done but it looks pretty good.

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Get This

Originally posted by JoeAsheville
Dude, you don't have it bad AT ALL. I put down a deposit on February 17th (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT) and I've been waiting over 6 months, the dealer dropped the ball and ordered on May 12. :bash:

Soooo...we will be getting our cars at the same time, even though I placed an order, technically, back in February. The car I'm driving was supposed to only be temporary. Yah Right. :mj:
Hehehe. 2/18 for me. VOPC still says build week of 8/26 and delivery week of 9/9. There's a guy on here who ordered his on like 2/8.

MoPony

Established Member
My dealer messed up our order also_Ordered 2/28cash down along comes june and people are starting to get their cars .So i start checking the dealer found out he didnt turn in his order til 5/28.So I got PO and called another dealer asked if they any cobras coming in with no names on them .He said ya a sonic blue coupe .I said my name is Frank and heres my card # I want to see that car.Picked it up 6/26. That is the exact car I wanted too.The first dealer wanted 5K down nonrefundable for a sonic blue coupe .So we ordered a blk vert .gave that order to a friend she finaly got it in aug.

C_Record

Established Member
Re: Re: Get This

Originally posted by 03DOHC
Hehehe. 2/18 for me. VOPC still says build week of 8/26 and delivery week of 9/9. There's a guy on here who ordered his on like 2/8.
QUOTE]Originally posted by 03DOHC
Hehehe. 2/18 for me. VOPC still says build week of 8/26 and delivery week of 9/9. There's a guy on here who ordered his on like 2/8. [/QUOTE]
Man what a wait. I ordered mine on 5/25, was to be the first retail order and would probably have seen it in June. Got pushed down to third on the list then fifth(no vin or build date for the longest time). Was none too happy so I had the spoiler added back on before it was bucked and I cancelled(couldn't get my $3k deposit back if the car came in with no spoiler). Went to another dealer last week who had a black coupe which was just delivered last night. I took a look at it, filthy dirty, the white protective sheathing was removed from the bumpers and the plastic removed from the driver seat. The car basically looked unblemished, though it has 14 mi.(no factory note on the window saying it was test driven) and there were no nibs(not even a trace) on the rear tires. The front had all of them on the tread. The sales manager said the car was unloaded off the carrier and parked(one of my contingencies, and I believe him). Told him I'm not interested, just don't have a good feeling about the car. I'm in no hurry. Going back to the first dealer. My original order is not spoken for and I can have it. Build 8/26 with delivery 9/9. If this one doesn't work out, I'll wait till Spring.

lifter213

Established Member
Hey stamper looks like we have the same build week :beer: But my estimated delivery date is 9/16. Hope everything goes ok for the both of us.

djax

Established Member
As you can see this is my first post here, although I have been a reader of this site for some time now. I too am still waiting. I put $500.00 down on 2/05 to order a Mineral Grey vert with chrome wheels for MSRP. Mid March I got a call about the chrome delay and canceled the chrome wheels from my order. On a follow-up call to the dealer the first of May I found out they not only canceled the chrome wheels but the entire order. On my next call to the dealer, end of June, I was told my car would be delivered 8/05. On 8/05 I was told my order was “pushed” out and would now not be in until October. Only because I had read here that new colors would be available, I asked that question of the dealer. After waiting a week for a call back I went in and was told the Mineral Grey was no longer available and the chrome wheels were still on hold. After I got done venting about waiting for 6 MONTHS because they screwed up, and how they never ONCE called me with an update, and now my color was no longer available and that I would now be driving my new convertible in OCTOBER and that if I was told ONE MORE TIME that my car would take 6-8 weeks when it was more like 6-8 months and expressing my general feeling about their customer service…all on the showroom floor for all to see…I went into the sales managers office and re-reordered a Redfire vert, with wing, no chrome. As of 8/26 my order is still “S1”. I will call again today and if my order is still S1 I will stop by at lunch on Monday. I am disappointed but not mad. I am still driving my 99 GT and my down payment and/or mod fund keeps growing. I will call every Wednesday and stop by every Monday until my order is S2, or until I feel like it. I got the sale manager to buy me lunch last time.

Thanks for letting me vent! I do feel better.

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by stamper01L
This car better be nice :)

You will be so happy... I drove mine at variable speeds for the first 1000 miles, with an ocassional race... never really exceeding 5000PMS, but boy, now I ride it like I stole it and it's great... I swear, this car gets faster with age... and with the dropping temps... it's remarkably faster... my friend drives with me in his saleen, everytime I punch it... he just goes... "damn, this thing never lets up... just keeps on pushing"

I love this car... no regrets. :beer:

stamper01L

Established Member
:beer: Lifter. Looks like living closer to the plant has some advantages. Dealer told me that he will be expecting a call from me every freakin day starting 09/09. And he'll get one too :D

Thank KingKobra. Pretty soon. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread